Sundown Audio

Do I have a powerful enough amplifier?

Alright, for the past 6 months or so I've been running a Rockford P3 Shallow mount in my 2001 Mazda Protege because I used to have it in my truck, but the truck got destroyed , so I've been dealing with this sub for now, I finally have the money to add another Sub to my system, but I'm afraid if I add the sub I want to, it will strain my amp. So Here's the Question...

I'm currently using this amp:

Polkaudio 880 Monoblock Amplifier

http://www.polkaudio.com/caraudio/pa/index.php?s=pa880_1

And This is the Sub I'm Using:

Rockford P3S Shallow Mount Subwoofer

http://www.crutchfield.com/s_575P3LS12/Rockford-Fosgate-P3L-S12.html?tp=112

Is It possible for Me to add this sub to my system without needing to purchase another Amplifier?

12" Alpine Type R SWR-1243D

http://www.crutchfield.com/s_500SWR1243/Alpine-SWR-1243D.html?search=alpine+type+r

Here's the Specs on the Amplifier and the Two Subwoofers:

PA880 Monoblock Amplifier:

300 Watts x 1 (4 Ohm), 500 watts x 1 (2 Ohm). CEA-2006 compliant specifications for true, accurate power ratings.

800 watts x 1 (2 ohm) dynamic power.

Rockford P3L-S12 Shallow Subwoofer:

Frequency Response 43-250 Hz

Power Range (Watts RMS) 100-400

Maximum Wattage 800

Sensitivity 86 dB

Impedance 4 ohms

And The Subwoofer I'd like to Add:

Alpine Type-R SWR-1242D 12" Subwoofer

requency response: 24-200 Hz

power handling: 300-600 watts RMS (300 watts per coil)

peak power: 1,800 watts

sensitivity: 85 dB

Impedance 4 ohms

Please Help me out here guys, I'd like to Add This Sub :D

If Both these Subwoofers wont Run off this 1 Amp, Please Tell me an Amp that will push both of the Subwoofers Nicely.

Thanks,

-Dominic

Edited by DominicT

the amp would be fine, how ever it is not good to use those subs together. you will get a lot of weird noises and not a whole lot of bass when you use non matching subs

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

You should run 2 identical subwoofers. so either keep the rockford and get another or sell it and get two of the type R's. if your getting the type R's i would get a bigger amp in the 1200 watt range for example audioque 1200d.

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

Well I don't Know anyone who'd take the Shallow mount off my hands, so thats why I was planning on keeping it.

What Do you mean by weird noises?

like you will hear the subs cone it self moving around and hear air moving

rockford should be easy sell, I'd buy 2 alpines they will be find on your power.

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

nope it will be even in separate boxes unless you cross them over to play different frequencies. it's not really worth trying to run both.

mcintoshsigz.png