2008 Silverado 2nd battery tray

Hello all,

I have a 2008 Chevy Silverado and have noticed that there is a second battery tray under the hood that is unused in the non-diesel models. I believe the 2007+ Tahoes are the same design. My question is: Can I utilize this tray instead of putting a second battery in the back somewhere? My only concern is that it would be too far away from the sub amps to give good power. I will only be running about 3000 watts, so I think my Yellow Top, DC power 270 XP and one big XS power should be sufficient. I was just wondering if anyone has ever tried this, or if I should just go ahead and put it in the back where I know it will work right.

Thanks in advance for the help,

Rev.

Yeah, I was looking at it and it seems like a pretty hefty battery would fit. My big concern was with current flow to the back through 1/0 cable. I guess if I just doubled up on cable I should be good?

it wont be a problem

will you have a battery in the rear?

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

I'm trying to avoid having to put a battery in the rear if I can. It just seems unnecessary to go through building a tray/box/bracket for ONE battery when I already have a way to mount it under the hood. Not to mention the extra space it would free up in the cab.

I'm trying to avoid having to put a battery in the rear if I can. It just seems unnecessary to go through building a tray/box/bracket for ONE battery when I already have a way to mount it under the hood. Not to mention the extra space it would free up in the cab.

thats excatly why i was very happy when i found out my new truck had a battery tray

just put a good battery there and do the big three to both batts and do a 2 runs to the rear (1+/1-)

and you should be good

Awesome!! Thanks again for all your input!! This is my first time building a big system. I've been into car audio for about 15 years, but always did SQ builds in my previous vehicles. Like a pair of good components and a sealed 10. So I'm a little out of my element with all the extra batteries and whatnot. Lol. Anyway, I really appreciate everyone on here being so helpful as I am sure I will have more questions in the future. Lol.

Awesome!! Thanks again for all your input!! This is my first time building a big system. I've been into car audio for about 15 years, but always did SQ builds in my previous vehicles. Like a pair of good components and a sealed 10. So I'm a little out of my element with all the extra batteries and whatnot. Lol. Anyway, I really appreciate everyone on here being so helpful as I am sure I will have more questions in the future. Lol.

no problem dude!! theres alot of people here always willing to help, so youve came to the right place :drinks:

BTW, your avatar gave me a headache :trippy:

no problem dude!! theres alot of people here always willing to help, so youve came to the right place :drinks:

BTW, your avatar gave me a headache :trippy:

LOL, yeah... It did me too the first time I saw it.

Archived