FreekDesignz Posted June 7, 2011 Report Posted June 7, 2011 I'm going to be starting my trailblazer "Perfect" build here soon and I'm planning on going DD for everything. I'm not sure on mids and highs just yet. I want to compare the VO-Series & High-End Series... SQ wise... How do they perform? Are they worth the money? Are they build well? Would you recommended them? Are they like the other DD products..."high quality?" Thanks guys! ♠ FreekDesignz Demo Collection ♠ Everything You Need To Know About Car Audio Torres' Box Tuning Calculator
n8ball2013 Posted June 7, 2011 Report Posted June 7, 2011 All DD huh. you got deep pockets? THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
TeejayBee Posted June 7, 2011 Report Posted June 7, 2011 im doing all dd too well mids highs and subs amps are aq haha but ask ric from pulse he want from focals to the dd comps and his sq score when up for meca
FreekDesignz Posted June 7, 2011 Author Report Posted June 7, 2011 All DD huh. you got deep pockets? Well I'm just doing mids and highs for this year. I hoping to do it for under 2.5k. ♠ FreekDesignz Demo Collection ♠ Everything You Need To Know About Car Audio Torres' Box Tuning Calculator
JustinWilson Posted June 7, 2011 Report Posted June 7, 2011 Hey there, I just got done putting 4 DD VO B2 bullet tweeters in, let me get around to hooking them up and equalizing them and I will try and post a vid for you. I paid roughly $300 for 4 of them shipped. Still waiting to buy 2 more 6.5's for the kicks. 06 GP GXP Google Nexus 7 16gb Rockford Fosgate 3SIXTY.3 *Electrical* DC Power 320a HP 2 - Juicebox Bananas g31 Stinger SPP2250 rear Kinetik HC1800 side of wall Optima Red Top front Monster Cable 1/0, 2 runs to rear Monster Cable 1/0 Big 3 2-Rockford Fosgate T1652S's Rockford Fosgate T400-4 Rockford Fosgate T40001bd (4693rms @1ohm) 4-Sundown SA-15 D2's wired @ 1ohm/These are on the way out for 4 one off Eminent Audio 15's 15.2 cubes net tuned @34hz! Walled off DBdrag official 151.6db @46hz GXP Build log!:GP GXP Walled Quality is the sign of a true enthusiast! Refs: Link to leave more: http://www.stevemead...91#entry1603091 Bought from: Trippi (RF T2500bd, T1000-4),bre2ts (25ft Knu 1/0) Sold to: shmew22 (T1500bdCP), Rev. Wrath (RF 3SIXTY.1), trjohnst (Knu 1/0, 3 fuse holders), Enemyofsilence (Audio Technix, RF T400-4).
FreekDesignz Posted June 7, 2011 Author Report Posted June 7, 2011 Hey there, I just got done putting 4 DD VO B2 bullet tweeters in, let me get around to hooking them up and equalizing them and I will try and post a vid for you. I paid roughly $300 for 4 of them shipped. Still waiting to buy 2 more 6.5's for the kicks. So your doing two tweets per mid ♠ FreekDesignz Demo Collection ♠ Everything You Need To Know About Car Audio Torres' Box Tuning Calculator
JustinWilson Posted June 7, 2011 Report Posted June 7, 2011 No I already have 2 6.5's waiting on the other 2, sorry for the fail on my part lol...I have hooked these tweeters up, they are loud and clear but harsh. As with any bullet tweeter you will need to eq and get the clean response you desire. Fairly easy to do. 06 GP GXP Google Nexus 7 16gb Rockford Fosgate 3SIXTY.3 *Electrical* DC Power 320a HP 2 - Juicebox Bananas g31 Stinger SPP2250 rear Kinetik HC1800 side of wall Optima Red Top front Monster Cable 1/0, 2 runs to rear Monster Cable 1/0 Big 3 2-Rockford Fosgate T1652S's Rockford Fosgate T400-4 Rockford Fosgate T40001bd (4693rms @1ohm) 4-Sundown SA-15 D2's wired @ 1ohm/These are on the way out for 4 one off Eminent Audio 15's 15.2 cubes net tuned @34hz! Walled off DBdrag official 151.6db @46hz GXP Build log!:GP GXP Walled Quality is the sign of a true enthusiast! Refs: Link to leave more: http://www.stevemead...91#entry1603091 Bought from: Trippi (RF T2500bd, T1000-4),bre2ts (25ft Knu 1/0) Sold to: shmew22 (T1500bdCP), Rev. Wrath (RF 3SIXTY.1), trjohnst (Knu 1/0, 3 fuse holders), Enemyofsilence (Audio Technix, RF T400-4).
FreekDesignz Posted June 7, 2011 Author Report Posted June 7, 2011 Sounds good. What amp are you running to them? ♠ FreekDesignz Demo Collection ♠ Everything You Need To Know About Car Audio Torres' Box Tuning Calculator
FreekDesignz Posted June 7, 2011 Author Report Posted June 7, 2011 I see how they can be harsh. The Sensitivity if the VO-M6.5 Is 98 dB where as the B2 tweet has a Sensitivity of 108db. I'm prolly going with the B1 series which has a 103db sensitivity. It wont be huge difference but it will help. ♠ FreekDesignz Demo Collection ♠ Everything You Need To Know About Car Audio Torres' Box Tuning Calculator
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.