Welp pretty much started with a stock 2001 extended cab 4x4 TRD SR5 5spd Toyota Tacoma!

I started where i think the mojority of people here do, and got going with a system! I had gotten out of the "tear my vehicle to shit from bass" phase and gotten more into SQ but still like it to be loud if need be for the shit talkers out there, and I couldnt pass up the deal i was offered for a brand new 12" L7 for $150 in a ported box. Sounded like crap at this time so i took it out and made the box my own and cut down on the port size and now it slaps! One day i plan to actually build my own with a little more space because this pre-made box crap flexs and is way to small IMO @ aroun 1-1.25cuft. I also built my second fibberglass box for shits and giggles one day with a buddie to someday house a 12" CVX but for the time being all i had was a Razor 12 that came in the truck which is way to small of a speaker for the box i made which is around 2 cuft but after displacement i hope to be around 1.5-1.75...

The subs run off of a older model 800w Kenwood amp from around 5-6 yrs ago, nothing new/or fancy but i want to upgrade soon to power the L7 corectly. The amp is fed 4ga Rockford Fosgate Pwr & Grnd and RCA's. When the money comes around i will upgrade wires as well as well as the Big3 and get rid of this CCA crap they call "high Quality" copper wire.

Running all of this is a simple Sony CDX-GT930UI Head unit from Sonic Electronix, i stepped down from a Planet Audio 7" double din touch screen which is pretty uncommon in these trucks and i then learned why but nothing a little custom work couldnt fix, the only reason i switched was beacause the DD had a few too many features i NEVER used. All i was looking for was a USB for memory stick and AUX input but i wanted them on the rear of the deck for a cleaner look in the dash. I really like the sony and always had a thing for them, they are not bad decks and have never let me down!

& Last but not least, I do everything myself! A shop never has and never will touch her if i have anything to do with it!

Now some pics:

(kinda crappy quality but its all i have right now)

I will start with a pic of the truck as a whole, it is no show truck by any means. I use it mainly as my DD but aint skeered to use it for what a truck was made for IMO, its no mall crawler!

IMG_2872.jpg

IMG_2896.jpg

Now for the audio & Interior:

-Sony CDX-GT930UI Head Unit USB & AUX cable run to center console

-800w 2 chnl Kenwood amp

-Tweeters in factory location

-12"L7 in a ported box/Custom Fiberglass box for single 12

-White underdash LED's

-White Gauge cluster lights

-Ducks Unlimited camo seat covers [max4]

-max4 steering wheel cover

-max4 floor mats

-Midland 1001Z Cb radio

-Digital Voltage Meter

-Ultragauge

Fiberglass box

subbox3.jpg

It is made to fit behind either seat standing up or....

subbox2.jpg

Laying down.

subbox.jpg

Installed (kinda dark, but ill try to get some better pics)

boxinstalled.jpg

L7 & box:

33.jpg

HU(s)& Interior:

Planet Audio 7"

30.jpg

(dont have a pic of the Sony at this time thats worth any quality so ill get back to that tomorrow)

Tweets in factory location:

35.jpg

Amp:

amp.jpg

Underdash Whtie LED's:

36.jpg

Interior...seat covers and floor mats soon to be replace with WhetherTech's!

DSCF0962.jpg

Also swapped out the ugly orange gauge cluster lights for white LED bulbs and "custom" blue map lights:

gauges2.jpg

gauges.jpg

map lights

maplights.jpg

Voltage meter and LED switches for foglights & amp:

switches.jpg

& lastly but one of my favorite things is the Ultragauge for keeping an eye out on important things:

ultragauge2.jpg

Thats pretty much all i got going on right now for the inside, i want to get some new mids but having to save up is a very slow process when your a full time college student!

Engine Performance: (not a whole lot going on here, not much to do to these truck unless you supercharge and 3500 aint easy to come by lol)

-Deck Plate Mod

-Trimmed TB Gasket

-Grey Wire Mod

-Gutted Cats & Flowmaster 40 series Dumped over axle

-10HP AEM sticker

Everything is pretty much self explanitory and all i have pics of is the muffler & Deck Plate mod which is pretty much a CAI for around $10 +/- $5! and the Grey wire mod basically lets me switch my locker ON while in 2wd instead of having to be in 4Low for it to engage.

Deck Plate mod:

34.jpg

0802001852.jpg

Muffler: (not welded yet so i can decide if i like it or not, i know its rigged on there lol)

muffler.jpg

Suspension/Wheels & Exterior/Armor:

-Bilstein 5100's @ 0" setting

-Eibach coil springs(provide 3"(advertised) obtained 3 1/4")

-flipped leaf for about 3.5-4" out back

-265/75/16 Mastercraft Courser M/T

-ProComp 7032 wheels 16x8 4.5 BS/Stockers bedlined black

-Disconnected sway bar

-Diff Drop

-Cheap shocks in the rear untill i can upgrade to bilsteins back there!

-Rear Diff Breather Mod

-Removed Mud Flaps

-Painted Black Drums & Calipers

-Reese Hitch

Exterior/Armor:

-Not to much going on here but is my next area of upgrade!

-Custom sliders 1/28/11

-ELITE Hitch Shackle

-Toolbox Lights

-Blacked out tail lights and headlights

-Custom "Satoshi" mesh grill

-Custom Grill Emblem

-Hidden LED's and Fog Lights in front bumper

-2nd Gen Badges

-Firestick/Whip

5100's and eibach springs:

0118111600.jpg

0118111600a.jpg

0119111047.jpg

0120111631a.jpg

0121110811a.jpg

The after stance sittin beside my 92 mustang

0121110813.jpg

Tires & Wheels:

DSCF0933.jpg

DSCF0955.jpg

DSCF0956.jpg

Extended the breather "cap" on the rear diff up higher so water wouldnt enter the differential:

DSCF0761.jpgDSCF0762.jpg

Sliders: my first attempt at any kind of fabrication, but i think tehy turned out great and they hold up to a Hi-Lift as well with only aroun 1/4" of flex!

0121111329.jpg

0121111152.jpg

0121111320.jpg

tacked up:

sliders.jpg

almost finished:

sliders2.jpg

sliders5.jpg

coping the legs to be welded to the frame:

sliders7.jpg

sliders6.jpg

Welding them up:

Weldin2.jpg

0606111555.jpg

0606111558.jpg

Still have to paint he surround obviously but just havent had the time to find the right white to colormatch it to the truck.

Fog lights and LED's hidden in bumper:

Also a before pic of the grill for reference in the mesh swap!

LEDFOG.jpg

Badges from a second gen:

emblems.jpg

emblems2.jpg

Well hopefully i didnt bore you guys to much from taking time out of your busy schedules to look at this, but this is it and what i have done so far & i will keep update on this when i do anything new in the future!

& if you would be so kind as to nominate me for the Mids giveaway that would be nice!

Nice another tacoma...i drive an 01 prerunner

I know pretty much everything about these trucks as far as audio goes, have had like 10 different setups. Hit me up if you have any questions

Nice man, Ill have to check yours out sometime. & being on Tacomaworld has taught me ALOT about these trucks as well. I believe i can have my radio out in a matter of 2 minutes from doing it so much lol but ill deff let you know if i come across anything. My only question would be about the alt. and what a good aftermarket one would be but i dont want to make a GM one fit like ive seen done.

& im completely opposite, i know about every single thing there is to the suspension.

Nice another tacoma...i drive an 01 prerunner

I know pretty much everything about these trucks as far as audio goes, have had like 10 different setups. Hit me up if you have any questions

Nice man, Ill have to check yours out sometime. & being on Tacomaworld has taught me ALOT about these trucks as well. I believe i can have my radio out in a matter of 2 minutes from doing it so much lol but ill deff let you know if i come across anything. My only question would be about the alt. and what a good aftermarket one would be but i dont want to make a GM one fit like ive seen done.

& im completely opposite, i know about every single thing there is to the suspension.

dc power makes a bolt in model... I have their 260amp and it's sweet

I also have a d3100 under the hood. I've ran 1 12, 2 12's, 1 15, 4,5,and 6 8's....currently have 4 10s and going to 2 15's

Picture070.jpg

100_1425.jpg

Team Flex Issues

Archived