Second Skin Audio

Inverting my subs, afraid of surround rubbing...

so, being as my box and my subs are out, i got the idea to invert my subs....well re ideaed the idea i had if that makes sense, just never got around to it the first time, im afraid of my subs rubbing against the baffle seeing as i have quite a bit of excursion, anyone have a soloution? or had any problems like this?

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

mount sub normally, make a pencil mark around the gasket. flip sub upside down and line up using the mark.

the thing is, it has a little play, meaning i can shift it one way or another, so should i just take my best guess and go for it?

thanks kranny

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

What I do to check, I mount it inverted, then with my finger go inside the basket and put the surround down lightly so I don't damage, but to see if it touches. Another way you can check if you have more than 1 subs, mount it inverted wire it, play it at a low volume and put your head in the box and see if it hits.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

thanks guys, ill do all of this

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

Archived