Sonic Electronix

So I have a question I have not seen when you buy a battery online should it be charged before hooking it up to your system I have 1 upfront thats always been there I added in my second for my system in the trunk should it of been charged also between the 0 gauge I have ran from front battery to rear battery should I have a fuse in between batteries cause i have one in between and one between amps and rear battery and having the one between both batteries is it affecting performance.

I always charge a new batt to peak it. And yes on fusing. One within 12"s of the front battery + and rear battery +. One between alt and battery + in front I rub closer to the alt. And one between the rear batt and amp.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Assuming that you are running 12v, the battery(s) Should be resting at 12.6 or higher when you install them because it makes the alternator work harder if they are lower than 12.6. When installing a second battery in parallel you should really have a fuse 12in from each battery on the positive cable.

97 crown vic

kenwood hu

big 3

mechman 270 amp alt

1 d3400

2 d3100

hiffonics collosus (bass)

Hifonics Zues (mids and highs)

2 15in kicker l7s

dynamat extreme sound deadner

viper secured

I always charge a new batt to peak it. And yes on fusing. One within 12"s of the front battery + and rear battery +. One between alt and battery + in front I rub closer to the alt. And one between the rear batt and amp.

I agree with charging a new battery and the fuses between the front and back battery is a must but I was told by Iraggi that a fuse between the alt and battery isn't necessary.

Edit: also if the amps are fused I don't think the fuse between the back battery and amps is necessary

Edited by mikeg321

4 fully loaded Fi sp4 15's

2 Crescendo bc5500s

Crescendo c1100.4

6 focal mids

Vifa tweets

5 XS Power d3100's

Pioneer avh-p4200dvd

All crammed into a mustang.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150569-mikeg321s-fi-nendo-mustang-getting-walled-videos-page-4/

I was told by Iraggi that a fuse between the alt and battery isn't necessary.

you know their alternators have failed 9 out of 10 times right? Throw that information away. ;)

also if the amps are fused I don't think the fuse between the back battery and amps is necessary

The fuses between batteries only protect them from each other or a wire grounding out between them. The fuse between batt and amp protects the battery from the amp if it goes crazy to kill power to the amp. Fuse could pop between batteries but the rear batt is still feeding the amp juice. Same for the other fuses. Anywhere a short could happen before a power source you want a fuse.

Edited by Robert8252

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

I was told by Iraggi that a fuse between the alt and battery isn't necessary.

you know their alternators have failed 9 out of 10 times right? Throw that information away. ;)

also if the amps are fused I don't think the fuse between the back battery and amps is necessary

The fuses between batteries only protect them from each other or a wire grounding out between them. The fuse between batt and amp protects the battery from the amp if it goes crazy to kill power to the amp. Fuse could pop between batteries but the rear batt is still feeding the amp juice. Same for the other fuses. Anywhere a short could happen before a power source you want a fuse.

Guess I'm the 1 out of ten mines been going strong for 2 years. And if the amp "goes crazy" wouldn't the fuses on the amp blow before the fuse at the back battery?

2 Crescendo bc5500s

Crescendo c1100.4

6 focal mids

Vifa tweets

5 XS Power d3100's

Pioneer avh-p4200dvd

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150569-mikeg321s-fi-nendo-mustang-getting-walled-videos-page-4/

Alt

Wire

Fuse

Wire < alt goes crazy or short happens in wire protects all electrical pieces

Batt +

8" wire

Fuse

Wire. < could have a short right here. fuses protect front and rear batt in this scenario

Fuse

8" wire

Rear battery

Wire

Fuse

Wire < amp goes crazy this blows protecting both batteries and fuses

Amp

Hardly any amp above 2k has on board fusing. That's where the fuse is needed.

Edited by Robert8252

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

I did say if the amps are fused I don't think it's necessary, but fuses and fuse blocks are cheap, having a couple extra isn't going to hurt anything, and it's always better to be safe than sorry.

Edit: sp

Edited by mikeg321

2 Crescendo bc5500s

Crescendo c1100.4

6 focal mids

Vifa tweets

5 XS Power d3100's

Pioneer avh-p4200dvd

I'd put it on a 2 amp trickle charge for a couple hours to make sure it's topped off.

2 Crescendo bc5500s

Crescendo c1100.4

6 focal mids

Vifa tweets

5 XS Power d3100's

Pioneer avh-p4200dvd