Sundown Audio

1 or 2 PDX-M12's

Ren504

I'm building a new system. I would like to run 4 of the new SWR-823D's 8" subs by Alpine. 600 RMS-1800 Peak. What I need to know is can I run all four on one PDX-M12 or do I need 2 M12's. Thanks for any info

you can run 4 12's on one amp depending on the ohm configuration of the subs, if that's what your asking. if you're asking if you would need more power to run the subs, then it depends on the power handling of the subs. usually you would need more, but probably not since the subs are 8".

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

the type R 8s will not like 600rms and they are rated at like 300-350rms

From what I'm understanding the new 8's have been underated. I read a thread where they were tested side by side against a 12" type r an pretty much held there ground. 1 12" sealed box an 2 8" sealed box ran of one PDX-M12. The thread an test was done by a Alpine worker. I'm by far no expert I'm just going off the info I find. So I should be good running all 4 8's off that 1 M12? Just trying to get a clear pic of things Bro.

HAving some type r 8s i warn you to not use them daily on 600rms each unless you wanna smell them fast. 4 on a M12 sounds very safe though.

Thanks Bro!!

Yea that test by the Alpine worker on diyma is what I seen as well. They don't like 600 lol

Thanks Homie!!

Archived