Sonic Electronix

I'm planning on putting two 15" subs in the trunk of my car. From what I've read on this forum its best to have the speakers and the port firing into the cabin of the vehicle. My question is when my back seats are folded up how much clearance to the speakers and port need (how far into the trunk should the front of my box be). I'm probably going to do a slot port if it makes a difference. Although most of the time I will have the seat folded down, every once in a while I have people in the back.

HU: Pioneer Avic Z2

MIDS/HIGHS:Pioneer GM-6400F > Infinity Kappa 6.5"(Front), 6X9(rear)

LOWS: JL Audio 500/1v2 > 12" JL Audio W6v2 D4

well... i wouldnt worry too much about the seats. they will be folded down most of the time, as you said. and when you have a car full of people you probably dont have it turned up much because most people like to be able to talk to each other. i would just make sure you have over 2" in front of the woofer. output will suffer with the seats up but i just dont think you need to worry about it.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I personally like to have atleast the width of the port between the port and anything it may fire into. The sub 2" or so should be fine on.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

have it as close as u can without hitting back seat on full excursion for when you do wanna slam with a car full of people

:No:

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

For the most part it will not up too loud when people are with me, but they may want a demo. I just dont want to do damage with them too close to something. Thanks for the answers so far.

HU: Pioneer Avic Z2

MIDS/HIGHS:Pioneer GM-6400F > Infinity Kappa 6.5"(Front), 6X9(rear)

LOWS: JL Audio 500/1v2 > 12" JL Audio W6v2 D4

Archived