Sonic Electronix

Sup World....

I currently have a 2000 Buick Lesabre. I have always had a problem with my car audio. I usually go to shops to have my audio installed and always leave unhappy. I started by purchasing 2 Audiobahn Aw1200Q 12" My link Subs and a crunch 1600watt amp. the system was hittin pretty hard and then it started having problems. The amp would overheat like crazy and then shut off. Then I took it to another shop which hooked me up with a Planet Audio RX2.200 amp My link Well long story short I was told that one of the speakers causing my amp to overheat and that I may need new subs. Im so confused. I dont know if I should keep the amp I have and get new 12". Downgrade and get some 10s". or upgrade with 15" or Get a better amp or what. Basically I need some help guys please give me some direction. By the way Im running my factory head unit currently in my Buick. I can play my songs off of one sub and my amp will shut off and I touch it and its hot. I just want some bass man some constant bass that I can be proud of that will turn heads when I want it to man thats it. HELP!!!!!

better equipment would definitely help, the audio you had is pretty entry level i believe, what size power and ground wire did the shop install, and what fusing did they have on it? If you plan to upgrade, believe me you can UPGRADE to 10s, LOL some beasty 10s available., maybe you meant downsize, anyways, lets us know your budget, plans, car, electrical, and people will try to help you out

First off... Not sure what type of wire was installed I think It was 8 Guage.... I guess what Im saying is I really plan to Upgrade to 10s as well as increase trunk space (if thats possible). As far as the money I would really like to spend under $500 if possible of course Im not gonna buy everything at once. Is that Planet Audio amp any good at all???? I thaught about 2 10s. Ive heard that one 10 could get the job done as well if done right and Ive seen that with my eyes. This guy had a little civic with a Memphis 10 sub and it shook a building :). Thats what I want a small Sub Doing Work man Forreal I want people to hear me before I they see me. I guess the old system is out the window so my questions now are. What type of 10s are good? What type of amp would be good for the 10? and will I need a huge box and whats the best type of box? Thank you guys for replying so fast This is so Awesome.

Let me start by saying this bro.... first off I respect the people I dont run around bassing all the time honestly Im not gonna ride with my music up I just want to have the capabilities and the power to blast. I am a percussion teacher and I have to protect my hearing. I just like to feel my music thats all. Second of all I wont be listening to subs much anyways because my favorite genera is Jazz like Miles Davis, Bill Evans, John Coltrane etc.... I was just saying that to paint the picture of what the sound I wanted not to auctially do it on a daily basis :)

Alright, my apologies then. I don't know much about that amp, but for some decent speakers at a cheap price, I would go with two AQ HDC3 10"s or two SA-10. Both aren't too much (around 230 for each sub for either brand I believe). You can also get one DC LV4 and an aq1200 and I can promise you'll be more than satisfied :D

:rofl:

:wub: N8.

No homo...unless you want there to be. :orly3::ehh:

That comment wasn't needed Layne, he's just looking for help.

Nipsy, would you like us to help you get the most out of what you have, or would you like us to recommend some upgrades within your budget? :)

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Its all good bro.... ok another question..... Whats the difference between all these amps Class D, Mono, all this stuff? Im guessin Mono is for one sub. I dont know what Class D is. I couldnt find a DC LV4 or aq1200 online are thoes types of amps or what??? Thanks for your help man I just want to get as much from everyone as possible because I dont want to see my money go down the toilet and be pissed at the same time. I rather it go down the toilet and Im satisfied. :)