Sonic Electronix

EVERYBODY please do this poll for my build

82 members have voted

1. 1. What should be done for the S-20s Ext cab windows?

• I keep the windows, and continue to rock the ext-ext cab
    • My other idea, I create a large scale ext cab window with the same contour as the factory one, but super wide
    • Select this if you have an idea, then post it

i say leave the post behind the door and try and use the rear windows off of a 4 door silverado maybe if it sizes up. and or off of the 4 door s10. that would look coo i think. then again on the other hand all ther will be is a speaker box back there. idk if you have a rear seat i would do window. if no rear seat just a speaker box id just shave that bitch. my .02

Im def gonna be thinking about the window idea. most likely if I do it, il be going to tap plastics and making one, and fitting it the same way as the rear window sits. right now its looking like if I do anything, its gonna be like that. Iv been thinking about the silverado or s10 glass, and silverado glass will be too big, and s10 quad cab glass will make it look like an s10 quad cab and I dont want that... the only difference with a custom window is the size, and I would try to not make it sit at all like a quad cab s10. I really do appreciate everybodys ideas, it gets my brain workin more :yahoo:

and for the system, it 10 10s on around 10k. Same system as before but with alot more room this time 8)

Lose the windows and panel it.

nooo I cant do it!!

hahahhahaha, make it one HUGE piece of glass, and attach it to the front door.

lol2.png

Dude in a fucked up way, that looks gangster and I ws actually thinkin about it for a minute, but too many other small engineering problems emeerge that I dont wanna deal with lol

Are you doing an audio build in it when done? Lots of room and potential in that much space

10 10s in a wall on around 10k :drinks: and the space is dedicated for them, thats one of the reasons I love this build so much. and now the road il probably do 2-4 18s and still lean my seat back

one big window that can roll down!

hahahahaha YES!

Keep the windows, its better for it to look odd because people will be like WTF IS THAT

That part of me is still thinking that, but the other part of me is thinking one solid window. and the votes are almost head to head, but with the window winning by a little bit!! I NEED MORE VOTES!!!! thanks for all the votes so far, but lets try and get more!!! thanks!!

Gary 'Numatik' Eberle

West Sacramento, California

Vehicle build log (1) 'Aayla' Numatik's one and only, bodydropped pasted the doors Chevy S-20 Ext-Ext cab. This project ended after a horrible horrible motorcycle accident. There are so many mods it would fill an entire page in my sig. Check it out if you have A LOT of time to kill. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/39785-numatiks-doored-s-20-bodydropped-on-doors-ext-ext-cab-10-subs-full-frame-build/?hl=%20numatik#39;s

Vehicle build log (2) 'Snow White' Daily/showstopper 2004 Chevy Silverado

Lays on 22s soon for 26s to run a beefy tire on 4s (4) 5gal tanks, (3)AZOB2 pumps, Slam digital stealth two speed valves with 16 solenoids, Slam SS bags all around, ART upper and lower arms, KP Components 6-link, KP Components watts link, Panther juice 6 22s, Spikes EVERYWHERE. 3,600WRMS total, (5) Kicker amps, (2) L7 15s under raised back seats, 15" screen molded to dash, 36 speakers total all Mb Quartz and Fosgate. Fiberglass console with removable face plates and arm rests, flushed speakers, lots of toggle switches, Playstation 2, rear view camera, Suede and leather seats, suede headliner, Dakota Digital air gauges, voltage gauges, and current draw gauges. (2) XS Power 4800 batteries, Whole truck is flat black and white and the

ENTIRE truck is fully pin striped by TJ Pagano here in Sacramento.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/123328-numatiks-bagged-2004-silverado/

smdsig1.png

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I am proof" - Numatik

keep em coming guys!

Gary 'Numatik' Eberle

Vehicle build log (1) 'Aayla' Numatik's one and only, bodydropped pasted the doors Chevy S-20 Ext-Ext cab. This project ended after a horrible horrible motorcycle accident. There are so many mods it would fill an entire page in my sig. Check it out if you have A LOT of time to kill. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/39785-numatiks-doored-s-20-bodydropped-on-doors-ext-ext-cab-10-subs-full-frame-build/?hl=%20numatik#39;s

Lays on 22s soon for 26s to run a beefy tire on 4s (4) 5gal tanks, (3)AZOB2 pumps, Slam digital stealth two speed valves with 16 solenoids, Slam SS bags all around, ART upper and lower arms, KP Components 6-link, KP Components watts link, Panther juice 6 22s, Spikes EVERYWHERE. 3,600WRMS total, (5) Kicker amps, (2) L7 15s under raised back seats, 15" screen molded to dash, 36 speakers total all Mb Quartz and Fosgate. Fiberglass console with removable face plates and arm rests, flushed speakers, lots of toggle switches, Playstation 2, rear view camera, Suede and leather seats, suede headliner, Dakota Digital air gauges, voltage gauges, and current draw gauges. (2) XS Power 4800 batteries, Whole truck is flat black and white and the

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/123328-numatiks-bagged-2004-silverado/

smdsig1.png

If it was mine i would either just leave the two window setup, or the back window i would make one big window. But i would make it flow into the front window, and remove that pillar in between the two windows (so when closed it looks kinda like a big window). The glass would have to be how the mustangs are kinda, it would take quite a bit of work and some custom glass but with the amount of time you have point in it i think it would be cool.

http://www.thecarconnection.com/image/100245378_2010-ford-mustang-2-door-coupe-gt-premium-open-doors

The link shows what i mean, how the top and side of the window dont have any support when open.

If it was mine i would either just leave the two window setup, or the back window i would make one big window. But i would make it flow into the front window, and remove that pillar in between the two windows (so when closed it looks kinda like a big window). The glass would have to be how the mustangs are kinda, it would take quite a bit of work and some custom glass but with the amount of time you have point in it i think it would be cool.

http://www.thecarconnection.com/image/100245378_2010-ford-mustang-2-door-coupe-gt-premium-open-doors

The link shows what i mean, how the top and side of the window dont have any support when open.

Im having a hard time understanding what your trying to say... int he picture it shows a solid rear window, pillars, then rear side windows, and the front driver and passenger windows are the same... I may just be missing something?

Gary 'Numatik' Eberle

smdsig1.png

See the edge of the window on the Mustang, the edge on the same side as the door handle. See how it doesnt have any support when its open its just a piece of glass at the top and side (door handle side), i was saying if you could make your front door like that and then take out the b pillar part of the door (part that separates front window from rear window) and make one solid piece of glass for the back (the part of the window that meets the front door ) it would also just be the edge of the glass.

Basically its two separate windows, but since there is no b pillar between them, and no supports on the sides of the windows, it looks like one solid piece of glass when closed.

Its a bit confusing and if i knew how to photoshop i could show you exactly what i mean, it would take quite a bit of work to make it look right but it could be done and look pretty smooth.

keep the front set of windows and make the back set windows solid and still have the back window if that makes any since lol i love the idea and i have an s10 and this just made me so happy to see this build

2 12ks and i dont know what to do

build in the works!

See the edge of the window on the Mustang, the edge on the same side as the door handle. See how it doesnt have any support when its open its just a piece of glass at the top and side (door handle side), i was saying if you could make your front door like that and then take out the b pillar part of the door (part that separates front window from rear window) and make one solid piece of glass for the back (the part of the window that meets the front door ) it would also just be the edge of the glass.

Basically its two separate windows, but since there is no b pillar between them, and no supports on the sides of the windows, it looks like one solid piece of glass when closed.

Its a bit confusing and if i knew how to photoshop i could show you exactly what i mean, it would take quite a bit of work to make it look right but it could be done and look pretty smooth.

ooooh had to give it a double take. Damn that would be bad ass, I dont kno if I could pull it off tho, never really messed with windows.... but my thoughts re brewin now... damn I dont kno if I could pull it off without butchering the truck with a little mistake tho.... but damn I do wanna do that.... shit would be sweet!! I have never seen a truck like that before!

Gary 'Numatik' Eberle

smdsig1.png

keep the front set of windows and make the back set windows solid and still have the back window if that makes any since lol i love the idea and i have an s10 and this just made me so happy to see this build

Hell yeah S series truck FTW!!!!!

but man im surprised with how many people say shave the cab windows... I keep saying no, it just dosnt seem like it would flow you kno? all the work with the two cabs to then shave the windows, I just dont think I could make my self do it.... il probably cut out some cardboard and go outside and cover the windows JUST TO SEE what it would look like, but I just dont think I have the heart to do it :/

especially after this I am really thinking about doing one sigle window, but I think for this show season im going to keep it how it is, and get inout from everybody that sees it, then when show season is over cut it up and go whatever the next final idea is... im glad I started this thread tho iv heard some cool ass ideas!

Gary 'Numatik' Eberle

smdsig1.png

Yeah if you get what im thinking in my head it would be badass. I did a quick like 10 second sketch up so you get a genral idea bviously if you had someone who knew designing it would look a whole lot better

IMG_0435.jpg

Since i think you get the general idea i think you get what i mean when i say the front door wouldnt have support at the top of the window and side( the side with door handle) and the back window wouldnt have support on it where it meets the other window it would just be flush making it look like one big panoramic window. Yet you could make it where that back door could still open suicide, the hardest part would be making that front door. But if you could get with a glass shop and see if they could figure out the glass im sure you could figure it out. It would definitely be one of a kind and pretty sick but good luck with your final decision

Archived