Sonic Electronix

EVERYBODY please do this poll for my build

82 members have voted

1. 1. What should be done for the S-20s Ext cab windows?

• I keep the windows, and continue to rock the ext-ext cab
    • My other idea, I create a large scale ext cab window with the same contour as the factory one, but super wide
    • Select this if you have an idea, then post it

I have the S-20 project and I have a problem.

First, this project was born from a drunk bet, people telling me I couldnt cut two trucks in half and make a show truck out of them. Part of the bet was to make a ext-ext cab, as appose to a ext cab. With this came the ext cab windows.

Since this idea, I have had people ask why I am doing the windows this way, and I always answer because thats how the project should go. Now, since so many people have mentioned it, it makes me think i should rethink my decision because I want everybody to think this truck is awesome, and all attributes about it, cause let me tell you, its been ALOT of work. Also, I DONT want people to think its a quad cab s10 because it is NOT. this makes it more difficult.

heres a few pics of the truck so people who are not familiar with the build see what I'm talking about. These pics vary from different stages of the build, but just t get you guys a glimpse on how the truck is progressing.

Also remember these pics were through various stages of the build, such as before the entire sheetmetal overhaul on the third door, and alignment issues with the cab that are all fixed now.

Also for people not familiar with this build, click the link in my signature and check out the entire build

DSCN1669.jpg

DSCN1998.jpg

whatishouldhavedone.jpg

DSCN1997.jpg

Gary 'Numatik' Eberle

West Sacramento, California

Vehicle build log (1) 'Aayla' Numatik's one and only, bodydropped pasted the doors Chevy S-20 Ext-Ext cab. This project ended after a horrible horrible motorcycle accident. There are so many mods it would fill an entire page in my sig. Check it out if you have A LOT of time to kill. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/39785-numatiks-doored-s-20-bodydropped-on-doors-ext-ext-cab-10-subs-full-frame-build/?hl=%20numatik#39;s

Vehicle build log (2) 'Snow White' Daily/showstopper 2004 Chevy Silverado

Lays on 22s soon for 26s to run a beefy tire on 4s (4) 5gal tanks, (3)AZOB2 pumps, Slam digital stealth two speed valves with 16 solenoids, Slam SS bags all around, ART upper and lower arms, KP Components 6-link, KP Components watts link, Panther juice 6 22s, Spikes EVERYWHERE. 3,600WRMS total, (5) Kicker amps, (2) L7 15s under raised back seats, 15" screen molded to dash, 36 speakers total all Mb Quartz and Fosgate. Fiberglass console with removable face plates and arm rests, flushed speakers, lots of toggle switches, Playstation 2, rear view camera, Suede and leather seats, suede headliner, Dakota Digital air gauges, voltage gauges, and current draw gauges. (2) XS Power 4800 batteries, Whole truck is flat black and white and the

ENTIRE truck is fully pin striped by TJ Pagano here in Sacramento.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/123328-numatiks-bagged-2004-silverado/

smdsig1.png

"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I am proof" - Numatik

The two windows is unique.

the one window will require custom glass and may not look right anyways. the ratio to the front window size may not look right.

third option. no window make it solid. not so sure i like this option it just doesnt flow.

all in all its going to be gross when done completely.

I do like idea of one window but lowering hte back window so its the same size. almost like a full panoramic window. that way they are the same height all around.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I hope you dont hit a speed bumplol

99 expedition

Two 15 inch dc audio xls

Ported box tunned to 34 hrtz

Soundstream pcx.2000d(better amp soon)

0 gauge

big three(soon)

Yellow top,(more batts soon)

I think the double windows would be unique but its gonna look odd. I am with Nate on this tho. One big window then get another pc to fit the back so teh bottoms line up right. But at the same time is there ever gonna be a bed on this truck? Lowering that back glass would be pointless if so...unless you chop the bed down so its not sitting higher than the back glass.

You have a great idea and deff unique but unless your getting paid from this bet...to hell with it man, build a sick ass truck.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

I think the double windows would be unique but its gonna look odd. I am with Nate on this tho. One big window then get another pc to fit the back so teh bottoms line up right. But at the same time is there ever gonna be a bed on this truck? Lowering that back glass would be pointless if so...unless you chop the bed down so its not sitting higher than the back glass.

You have a great idea and deff unique but unless your getting paid from this bet...to hell with it man, build a sick ass truck.

you make an excellent point about the bed. that would need cut down as well. And be a ton of work. you couldn't just curve it since the lines wouldnt really flow at all.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

If you want to keep calling it an ext ext cab, I think you should keep the dual windows. it kind of "shows" all the work you did by keeping those 2 windows separate. if you make one big window, I think it would look sick, but would be more of a double take for people to actually realize what you did.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

The two windows is unique.

the one window will require custom glass and may not look right anyways. the ratio to the front window size may not look right.

third option. no window make it solid. not so sure i like this option it just doesnt flow.

all in all its going to be gross when done completely.

I do like idea of one window but lowering hte back window so its the same size. almost like a full panoramic window. that way they are the same height all around.

Thats EXACTLY whats making me ask everyone for input, because your right 100%. It is an ext ext cab, and it it is goofy because its the only one in the world as a 3rd gen s10 (and iv seen a couple of 1st gens attempt it but never finish it)

the two windows look odd because they dont have perfect symmetrical contour, so when lined up next to each other they dont flow into each other well, due to the circumstance that they are not supposed to in the first place. I do want everybody that looks at this truck to realized how many thousands of freakin hours put into it to make it the oddball, and thats my biggest push to keep the 'ext-ext cab- title... but then the other part of me says (option 2) that i should make just one giant window, and make it not look like a quad cab s10 as much as possible... but then again at shows they will know its not a quad cab when that door opens suicide almost 41/2' feet wide...

I dont want to shave the window, im firm on that, i do want a window or windows

You and Nate both agree, and I do too. It does look odd, but at the same time it does flow with the style of the build. I never thought of the transition to the rear glass, but im sure I could make it work with one giant ext cab window... I dunno i coud go either way, but I do want to get a shitload of peoples input before I make a final decision. To be honest, at heart KI really want to keep the ext ext cab, just because of all the work around doing so, but if more people in the end would enjoy this truck more with a different window, il do it. Iv built this truck every other way exactly how I want, but there is a point where you have to adress others peoples needs to and try to do what they want to see, you get what im saying? its hard cause i 100% agree the two windows look odd due to the symmetrical curves more then anything

If you want to keep calling it an ext ext cab, I think you should keep the dual windows. it kind of "shows" all the work you did by keeping those 2 windows separate. if you make one big window, I think it would look sick, but would be more of a double take for people to actually realize what you did.

You have pretty much read my mind. but I really dont want to do it to then have have people talk shit about all this work into the truck and to do 2 stupid windows... thats my biggest fear, and if it can be easily avoided doing something else, then i probably will, and thats why i want everybodys feedback

THANKS FOR THE RESPONSES AND VOTES PLEASE KEEP THEM COMING AND ADD ANY MORE IDEAS!!!! THANKS!

Gary 'Numatik' Eberle

Vehicle build log (1) 'Aayla' Numatik's one and only, bodydropped pasted the doors Chevy S-20 Ext-Ext cab. This project ended after a horrible horrible motorcycle accident. There are so many mods it would fill an entire page in my sig. Check it out if you have A LOT of time to kill. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/39785-numatiks-doored-s-20-bodydropped-on-doors-ext-ext-cab-10-subs-full-frame-build/?hl=%20numatik#39;s

Lays on 22s soon for 26s to run a beefy tire on 4s (4) 5gal tanks, (3)AZOB2 pumps, Slam digital stealth two speed valves with 16 solenoids, Slam SS bags all around, ART upper and lower arms, KP Components 6-link, KP Components watts link, Panther juice 6 22s, Spikes EVERYWHERE. 3,600WRMS total, (5) Kicker amps, (2) L7 15s under raised back seats, 15" screen molded to dash, 36 speakers total all Mb Quartz and Fosgate. Fiberglass console with removable face plates and arm rests, flushed speakers, lots of toggle switches, Playstation 2, rear view camera, Suede and leather seats, suede headliner, Dakota Digital air gauges, voltage gauges, and current draw gauges. (2) XS Power 4800 batteries, Whole truck is flat black and white and the

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/123328-numatiks-bagged-2004-silverado/

smdsig1.png

Almost forgot, heres a rendering I should have posted before, that shows how the bed is going to sit. this bed adds to the theme of the truck, its a slmost the same size as a quad cab s10, but not quite.

this pic is a little biased, but it was made a while ago. but this asnwers the bed question for sure, and is also set in stone firm on it. I think the bed is gonna be bad ass and REALLY throw people off when they see it 8)

l_797871d2c2f148cea61793588b88b98d.jpg

Gary 'Numatik' Eberle

smdsig1.png

Archived