Sonic Electronix

Recommend decent seperates??

SO I've been looking into getting some separates but I don't know what a good brand is anymore. Back when I really got interested in car audio (around 1990) the popular brands were Infinity, Altec Lansing, Boston Acoustics and MB Quart. I bought MB Quart back then because of the smooth natural sound and the other brands seemed to have a very harsh sound to the tweeters. Now that I'm getting back into car audio I have found all these brands of subs and amps (Fi, Digital Design, Ascendant Audio, etc...) that I had never heard of before that seem to be nearly 1/3 of the price but way better quality than your more commercial brands (JL Audio, Kenwood, Rockford Fosgate, Kicker, etc...). I have an Fi Q15 sub and I'm now looking into purchasing some separates that are going to have a smooth natural frequency response but I don't want to break the bank either. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I really like my Memphis Audio M class comps. They are smooth and accurate without being harsh in the higher frequencies. I got mine for about $150 on eBay. Audio Que has a comp set for $199. I haven't heard them myself so I can't tell you if I like them or not. Boston still makes quality products you can still check them out. As far as MB Quart goes they no longer make the kickass speakers they used too. After they were bought out by Maxxsonics they are just not the same. If you want some real high dollar stuff check out Audison/Hertz, Focal, or Rainbow.

My Current Project: 2006 Ford Focus ST

HU: Kenwood KDC-X986

Amps: Rockford Fosgate R300-4

Hifonics Brutus BXi 1601D

Sub(s): (2) Skar VVX8 want to add 2x

Mids/Highs: VXI65 components (front doors), RE Pro 5x7FR (rear doors)

Wiring: Big 3 done in Candace 1/0 awg.

1 run from battery to distro-block 1/0 awg. Cadance wire

4 awg Stinger wire from distro-block to amps.

Electrical: stock alt.

Optima Red Top.

Archived