Second Skin Audio

Orion HCCA 12.2?

TheNewbie

Ok, since I'm tired of reading about you posting about capacitors, I'll tell you this. DONT.

Capacitors are only good for your system if you don't have ANY voltage drop.

Which you will have. So please, buy a secondary battery or even an upgraded alternator to fit your needs.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

Ok, since I'm tired of reading about you posting about capacitors, I'll tell you this. DONT.

Capacitors are only good for your system if you don't have ANY voltage drop.

Which you will have. So please, buy a secondary battery or even an upgraded alternator to fit your needs.

Yeah, he cleared that up for me.. didn't realize. Like i said im fairly new tryin to also read up on things so i don't have to be told so much about these certain things. But thanks.

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

haha.. I don't even know what a "rep" is, but I guess it would be cool to have one.

Anyway, I'm familiar with the Orion vs. Kicker video. I think Korey might be speaking of the newer modal Solo X, since that video is about 4 years old. If I'm not mistaken, Kicker has since upgraded the rms of the Solo X from 2000 to 3000.

But I'd like to see how long Korey owned both subs before he came to the conclusion that the HCCA is a piece of crap, and I'd like to know his setup for both subs. For all I know, he could've simply heard someone else's vehicle, or read a bunch of forums and only has indirect exposure, rather than actual hands on exposure with his own personal builds.

1994 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Pioneer AVH-P5200BT

Hertz Mille MLK-165 Component System

Hertz Hi Energy HCX-165, 6.5

Hertz Hi Energy HCX-690 (6x9s)

Audison Voce AV K6 Component System

Audison VRX 4.300

Audison VRX 2.250

Sundown 4500D

SMD 15"

XS Power D3400 (under hood) Three XS Power D3100 (trunk)

Monster XLN-201 RCAs

DC Power Engineering 390XP H/O Alternator

Thanks again man, appreciate it, also, the solox can't take as much of a beating as the Orion can. They tested it :) The Solox gave out around 3200w i think it was. Youtube it :) Orion HCCA vs Kicker SoloX

test was very very biased, I could make the orion die on 100rms if I wanted to , and I could do the same with the solo x

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

haha.. I don't even know what a "rep" is, but I guess it would be cool to have one.

Anyway, I'm familiar with the Orion vs. Kicker video. I think Korey might be speaking of the newer modal Solo X, since that video is about 4 years old. If I'm not mistaken, Kicker has since upgraded the rms of the Solo X from 2000 to 3000.

But I'd like to see how long Korey owned both subs before he came to the conclusion that the HCCA is a piece of crap, and I'd like to know his setup for both subs. For all I know, he could've simply heard someone else's vehicle, or read a bunch of forums and only has indirect exposure, rather than actual hands on exposure with his own personal builds.

you don't want to know my subwoofer history, I've got subs that have twice the magnet and probably 10 times the actual force in the gap. the hcca is a piece of crap because it's week and absorbs power

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

Ah, didn't realize how old the video was, wasn't paying attention, yeah they have upgraded there RMS on that sub. Well im feeling more assured seeing how you've owned a pair of these subs. Good to hear from someone that has had hands on with them, instead of hearing, or reading about them.

Check out my build log:

orion and kicker are far from the only manufactures of loud speakers, with them all grouped I would rate them lower 10 to be honest

mcintoshsigz.png

Seeing how the SoloX is only another 20-30Bucks more and it's giving 1000 more rms. I might end up doing this, im just brain storming right now, can't set anything in stone till i get the cash ect.

Check out my build log:

Want a badass sub? Ascendant Audio Mayhem 12". Digital Designs 9512G. Sundown Audio Nightshade 12. Bam. Go now, research.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

you don't want to know my subwoofer history, I've got subs that have twice the magnet and probably 10 times the actual force in the gap. the hcca is a piece of crap because it's week and absorbs power

Bro, we're talking about a high schooler who wants to impress some girls. The Orion is well capable of the job.

So, you'd rather suggest some professional drivers to a teenager who knows nothing?

1994 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Pioneer AVH-P5200BT

Hertz Mille MLK-165 Component System

Hertz Hi Energy HCX-165, 6.5

Hertz Hi Energy HCX-690 (6x9s)

Audison Voce AV K6 Component System

Audison VRX 4.300

Audison VRX 2.250

Sundown 4500D

SMD 15"

XS Power D3400 (under hood) Three XS Power D3100 (trunk)

Monster XLN-201 RCAs

DC Power Engineering 390XP H/O Alternator

Archived