Sonic Electronix

I know that speaker placement and sound deadening has a lot to do with SQ setups but here's where i'm confused, is it true that when you have a normal 6.5 component or coaxial speaker in the door panel a lot of the sound that the speaker produces is lost behind the door panel? is it really worth building sealed speaker pods to aim the speaker more into the cabin of the car? will I gain midbass from my components?

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

they can you need to seal the speaker to the door panel. use some closed cell foam around the speaker it should help a lot

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

they can you need to seal the speaker to the door panel. use some closed cell foam around the speaker it should help a lot

well like right now we are building 6 sealed speaker pods for a friends car at our shop (I have a build post on my profile with some pics) he says that it will make a pretty noticeable difference in sound because the speakers will be facing more towards the ear of the listener and none of the sound is lost or muffled inside the door panel, I told my dad that I wanted to do the same with my car but just the front two speakers because we have all the materials already available and it's pretty easy, he tells me it's pointless that the difference isn't worth all the trouble. should I do mine or not?

'93 Firebird Formula V8

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

aiming in the right area and sealed off makes a huge difference

awesome, thanks for the advice man

'93 Firebird Formula V8

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

you will gain loudness, clarity, and a proper stage is the the best thing you can do in car audio no more muddiness ect

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

Archived