Now why on earth would someone post up a build log for something this small? :ehh:

I have a house, 2 kids, and a piece of land Id like to put a house on sometime, so there is not alot of money for car audio in my budget. But I managed to find some deals to get me started in to the car audio realm again after a decade long hiatus.

Equip:

Kenwood KDC-MP345U

Punch 300.1

2 Rockford P1S4-8s

Shitty 8 guage amp kit

The subs were seperated because I need to be able to fold the seats down to haul bigger stuff around for work. The enclosures are tuned to 37hz.

0416112101.jpg

0416112040.jpg

0416112055.jpg

0416112147a.jpg

0416112150.jpg

0419112122a.jpg

0419112123a.jpg

0517112019.jpg

box.jpg

0612110845a.jpg

Edited by alehound

Patiently waiting until 2016...the year in which I likely get to 300 posts... In which then, and only then, will I finally be able to get me some more decaf...

Thats it for the box. Im already scheming a way to shoehorn in some DC Lvl 2 10's in the same footprint using the open space over the wheel wells.

But that will be for later. Here is yesterdays bass knob install.

0612110835a.jpg

0612110839.jpg

0612110829.jpg

Patiently waiting until 2016...the year in which I likely get to 300 posts... In which then, and only then, will I finally be able to get me some more decaf...

Cool box idea =) Easy to false floor it.

Thanks for posting this, gives me ideas for my "Age appropriate SUV" I want to build.

1998 S10

(Custom din.5 frame)

SONY H/U - 1 Din

Memphis EQ - .5 Din

Cerwin Vega Stealth Amp 220.1 (Dash Plates)

Cerwin Vega Stealth Amp 220.1 (Door components)

Cerwin Vega Stealth Amp 500.1 (SVC 4OHM tied at 2OHM to monoblock)

2 10 Inch Polk Competition Subs

2 4/6 Plates

2 6.5 Components

Stock Alternator

while i realize this is pretty weak, im going to post this up of me trying to move air. haha.

Hey, it isn't the amount of equipment used or the money invested. It is the amount of creativity used to make it YOUR BUILD.

I think that setup is nice. Maybe not be a flexing monster, but it gets the job done and makes the owner happy, right?

By the way, where did you end up mounting the amplifier?

Edited by PandorasCustoms

Chris - "The Apprentice" - Pandora's Box Customs

1994 Ford Explorer - "Midnight" - 4.0L SOHC

SoundStream PCX-1000D & Kicker S12L5

Thanks everybody for the kind words. :)

By the way, where did you end up mounting the amplifier?

There's some space on the backside of both towers between them and the back seats. When I get around to cleaning up the wiring, I will post up a pic.

• 5 months later...

Just a quick update on the evolution of this little project...

I traded out the 8's via Craigslist a few weeks back. This came about because I had a brief stint running a buddies 15 inch P3 that he had layin around. The 15 was not only so much better at reproducing low notes(obviously), but the 300.1 seemed to be holding its own against its new watt hungry load. So an ad was placed...

And after multiple dead end text sessions and empty promises, I was finally presented an Oxygen Audio OWP12.4. It was in a tiny sealed box with a couple of dings to the metal cone, but the research done said that this sub was their top of the line from a couple of years ago. So I pulled the trigger, and a new box had to be built.

The previous box's amp wiring was a complete spaghetti mess, so I made sure to clean it up on this build. Ive also upgraded my power supply to 4 gauge, but still stock power otherwise. There is still a small bit of trim work yet to do before carpeting, but it is pretty darn close to done.

Net volume is 2.15ish with 13 sq in of port. Tuned to 32hz.

1114112116.jpg

1114112218.jpg

1114112258b.jpg

1118111738b.jpg

1127111650.jpg

1128111540.jpg

Still a tiny build I know... But still fun to mess around with just the same. It gets down pretty good, and I may end up taking some new vids.

P.S. I would also like to know what others think of my long narrow ports? Im no expert builder and I dont know if they are less efficient or not, but they sound pretty damn clean. Im open to others thoughts on this.

Thanks for looking.

Edited by alehound