Sonic Electronix

I am about to purchase a DC lv 4 12in sub with d2 coils with a Audioque 1200w @ 1 ohm amp. I was wondering if my car, which is a 2010 Scion xD, can handle a 1200w amp just the way it is or do i need to install a capacitor or do the big 3 installation. Please post if it can or cant handle the amp and if it cant handle it what should i do to make it work, thanks in advance.

Scion XD upgrading progress: 20%

I am about to purchase a DC lv 4 12in sub with d2 coils with a Audioque 1200w @ 1 ohm amp. I was wondering if my car, which is a 2010 Scion xD, can handle a 1200w amp just the way it is or do i need to install a capacitor or do the big 3 installation. Please post if it can or cant handle the amp and if it cant handle it what should i do to make it work, thanks in advance.

I think it will be just fine, stay away from capacitors, big 3 upgrade and a bigger batt never hurt anyone though :)

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

I thought i taught you better than that.

And from the text you sent earlier if you have the extra money i would upgrade the coil.

LVL 4! Shit i need to step my game up 8)

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

1200 Watts is around 85 Amps (14 Volts) being ripped from the alternator.

You will probably be fine running around during the day, but may see some loses when Lights, A/C or Heater, Wiper Blades, Etc... are all running.

It is safe to say that you should run it, and if you see any drops, make those your next upgrade.

Chris - "The Apprentice" - Pandora's Box Customs

1994 Ford Explorer - "Midnight" - 4.0L SOHC

SoundStream PCX-1000D & Kicker S12L5