Sundown Audio

Brands to watch out for?

Hey guys, I just wanted to know of any brands I (or others) should watch out for when hunting for amplifiers. For example, looking here on Amazon, I see a lanzar amplifier advertised to be 2000 watts (4 channel) at only 68 bucks. Although I have no experience with their products, it just seems kind of fishy.

Personal experience or common knowledge alike, are there any brands you've just come to know to err from?

So much to learn...

Easiest thing to look out for if your new into this is the actual "RMS" wattage of an amp..

Some will boast 5,000 watts yet, truly only put out 100 watts RMS! also look at the size of the power wire or fusing... the fusing should be around 10 amps per 100 RMS watts as a good rule of thumb...

when i was just learning i did a search "best and worst car audio brands" and got this. it should help you avoid getting pure shit. :good:

http://slumz.boxden.com/f22/worst-best-car-audio-brands-419293/

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

it would easier to recommend amps to you in your price/watt range.

I was going more for the education rather than just hand the answer... plus, this gives him the choice to decide for himself... lol!

true...

old set up

Alpine IDA-X305S

Memphis M-Class 4x6"

Focal Access 6.5"

Hifonics BRZ2100.1D

2x DC Audio Lvl 4 15's

Big 3, DR44 Alt, Yellow Top

http://www.youtube.com/user/SicNoma003

I read it and realized everything I ever wanted to achieve through this thread had been accomplished six years ago. lol.

So to any one of you guys above: What would be a good amp to power a 15" DC Audio Level 4 Sub?

So much to learn...