Sonic Electronix

From what I gather he wants to connect the positive and negative from one coil together with out using the terminals. and then connecting the terminals on each side to it's buddy on the same side. So then he could use each terminal on the same side, one as the input and the other as out put.

EX.

Terminalswtich.png

Hope that clears things up.

IMO It should work. A little complicated but hey, that's how people learn new things. :drink40:

Click Links To View Build Logs

1994 - Mazda B3000 (Daily/Toy/Show)

2002 - Mazda Protege (Daily)

1995 - Hyundai Accent (R.I.P.)

1984 - Bronco II (Restoration Project)

Youtube Channel

^ :facepalm:

You want to use the second set of terminals...which will not work as those are the second voicecoil. Just use a wire in and wire out.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

^ :facepalm:

You want to use the second set of terminals...which will not work as those are the second voicecoil. Just use a wire in and wire out.

They would be the voice coil would be disconnected from the terminal and connected ''internal'' so to speak. Then the terminals would be connected together.

Youtube Channel

I don't understand what you're trying to say.

Disconet the leads from the terminals and connect them with a wire directly. then connect the empty terminals to the one next to it.

Youtube Channel

That is not what he is asking. In the diagram provided it shows the wire from the Amp terminal as one line with break offs at each sub. In reality, this would be accomplished by a wire from the amp to the first sub's negative terminal, and then a second wire from the same terminal outgoing to the second sub. This would be done again to connect to the third sub.

He is asking, instead of having a wire come in from the amp, and a second outgoing to the next sub, can he just use the second set of terminals, which would not work as those are the second voicecoils. The voicecoils are wired in series, and then the subs wired in parellel to achieve his 1.33 nominal.

I am in the process of rewiring my subs to achieve a 1.3 ohm load as in the following picture.

3_2ohm_dvc_134ohm.gif

The picture shows that I would have two wires in the same terminal, one input and one ouput leading to the second and third sub. Can I use the other set of terminals for output instead of using the same ones?

I think the answer is yes, but I am not sure if it woud effect phase.

It might make it easier to understsand if you see that the correlating positive and negative terminals pictured, are horizontal, not vertical. The voicecoils are wired series one D2 voicecoil with the other then wired parellel with the next sub.