DB minimum to feel a difference?

I know its hard to tell without a meter but how many tenth's of a DB do you need to feel a difference?

I guess I am just a little anxious to get my ride metered so my real question is how much of a difference would 148.1 to 150.0 feel

I just got this feeling that I am not quite there yet and I don't know if I am just over analyzing it or if my gut feeling is right.

To me it sound's louder, got a lot more flex, but as far as the feel of the bass, well it does not feel like a lot more. Maybe I am just use to it :pardon:

What are some of your guys experiences when you broke the 150 mark and where were you prior and how much of a difference was noticed before you metered

the general thing is

3db minimum difference

10db to feel like it's twice as loud.

a lot of people get confused as 3db is twice the acoustical out put, but your ears take 10db's to tell it's twice as loud.

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

the general thing is

3db minimum difference

10db to feel like it's twice as loud.

a lot of people get confused as 3db is twice the acoustical out put, but your ears take 10db's to tell it's twice as loud.

whew.. I'm glad you said that.

That means there is still hope since I am only looking for a 1.9 db increase and I can hear a difference and feel a difference just not a lot.

yes I would be like a fat kid in a candy shop to see 150.0

I even tuned higher to get a better shot at it

here is a little background for you

I went from two 12's and 2 15's in a dual chamber box with both chambers tuned at 38hz on T40001bd@ 2ohm and it metered 148.1 at 44hz and at 45hz. It was an impractical box that really surprised everyone because of mixing the two and so little port area that i am ashamed to admit it 50.24 in².

This new box was tuned at 43hz with 4 15's in a single chamber box with 140in² of port. And even though it is tuned higher it plays the lower frequencies better. Seems to be hitting hardest at the same frequency as before too.

Talked to Rockford Tech support and gave them all the info Subs,Amp, batteries , alt and goal and he gave me the 120-140 port area and 3ft^3 per sub net

if ur box is 12 cubes net id suggest closer to 200" of port... :shrug: .

Rockford specs on them are 2.5ft^3 per Sub and I am at 3ft^3 per sub. The xmax on these subs are not that much 13.5mm so they dont require a lot of volume. Same reason why the port area is on the low side of Torres calculator. Rockford tech suggested 120-140 on port area and I used the upper end at 140. It is a removable port so it can be tuned differently.

if all else fails I will definitely try anything that will help. Thanks for the suggestion :drinks: