Sonic Electronix

Instead of buying more 1/0 Knu wire, I was wondering how much if a difference it would make if I did 4awg wire on my Big 3 upgrade rather than 1/0awg wire. I was planning on using my Rockford 4awg wire or the other 4awg I have to do this, but didnt know how big a difference it would be if I did that rather than using 1/0awg wire.

1991 Accord

Audioque HDC3 15" (Copper)<--Sub

Audioque HDC3 15" (Copper)<--Backup Sub

Crescendo BC2000D<--Amp

Big 3

1/0 Knu<--Wiring

Eonon 3.5" DVD<--Headunit

Infinity Kappa Perfect<--Mids & Highs

2nd Stock 80Amp alt.

1991 Mustang 5.0

Too many mods

(Sold)

1991 240sx SR20 Red Top

Too many mods

(Sold)

2004 GTO

Just starting mods

Instead of buying more 1/0 Knu wire, I was wondering how much if a difference it would make if I did 4awg wire on my Big 3 upgrade rather than 1/0awg wire. I was planning on using my Rockford 4awg wire or the other 4awg I have to do this, but didnt know how big a difference it would be if I did that rather than using 1/0awg wire.

you can get away with 4 guage to a certain point. most of the people on here will tell you that you are wrong and it needs to be redone with 1/0. you should be ok until you start trying to pull more than the wire can handle. i have personaly done the big 3 with 4 guage before, and it worked out alright.

This page is crispy_chick3n approved.

© crispy_chick3n inc

Well it's an older car (91 Accord) and I am running a Crescendo BC2000D, so it needs a lot of help. I know I need an alternator and more but who knows how much longer this car is gunna last.

1991 Accord

Audioque HDC3 15" (Copper)<--Sub

Audioque HDC3 15" (Copper)<--Backup Sub

Crescendo BC2000D<--Amp

Big 3

1/0 Knu<--Wiring

Eonon 3.5" DVD<--Headunit

Infinity Kappa Perfect<--Mids & Highs

2nd Stock 80Amp alt.

1991 Mustang 5.0

Too many mods

(Sold)

1991 240sx SR20 Red Top

Too many mods

(Sold)

2004 GTO

Just starting mods

Well it's an older car (91 Accord) and I am running a Crescendo BC2000D, so it needs a lot of help. I know I need an alternator and more but who knows how much longer this car is gunna last.

You don't need a lot of wire to make it happen. <_<

thats how i was with my jeep. i did the big 3 which was a PITA, i had started to get the car build ready, and i even had some of the mdf cut and ready to go in the car when the timing chain snapped. i was pissed, but one thing i am proud to say is that i had done everything correctly. electrical, and interior modifications. i was able to undo everything i did, and put the car back to normal and sell it.

i guess what i am trying to get across is whatever you decide to do, do it right, or it will come back to bite you in the ass. in your case with the Crescendo BC2000D i would cough up the extra cash and use 1/0 it will make your life easier down the road.

This page is crispy_chick3n approved.

© crispy_chick3n inc