Second Skin Audio

new ssd's!

I was just on their site yesterday and overlooked the SSD.

I am considering picking up two 10" BL for a 160sq" IASCA build.

If you get those SSDs let me know how they turn out.

Chris - "The Apprentice" - Pandora's Box Customs

1994 Ford Explorer - "Midnight" - 4.0L SOHC

SoundStream PCX-1000D & Kicker S12L5

So im guessing the Neo ssd didn't go too well? Either way looks like a nice sub. Is there going to be a line to fill the gap between the x and ssd?

We spent all the time and effort into making a Neo SSD and the price of the magnet material went up 5 fold in a period of 40 days..which would make an SSD woofer the price of an N2 (we're currently eating the price hike on them, it sucks but they are moving a great deal)

So..we had to take a step back, retool and redo everything again...back to ferrite as the price point is spot on for a woofer of that magnitude and performance.

:drinks:

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

So im guessing the Neo ssd didn't go too well? Either way looks like a nice sub. Is there going to be a line to fill the gap between the x and ssd?

We spent all the time and effort into making a Neo SSD and the price of the magnet material went up 5 fold in a period of 40 days..which would make an SSD woofer the price of an N2 (we're currently eating the price hike on them, it sucks but they are moving a great deal)

So..we had to take a step back, retool and redo everything again...back to ferrite as the price point is spot on for a woofer of that magnitude and performance.

anytime soon for neo? or cant tell yet

They are not happening unless you want to pay N2 pricing for an SSD..for absolutely no added benefit other then saving 7 pounds of weight...

I'm not a fan of paying more money for something when it really does not add any performance for the additional money I am spending. IE: I think/feel you would be getting ripped off...some people have no little voice in the back of their head and will sell you anything you will buy just to get your money. We work a bit differently..

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

They are not happening unless you want to pay N2 pricing for an SSD..for absolutely no added benefit other then saving 7 pounds of weight...

I'm not a fan of paying more money for something when it really does not add any performance for the additional money I am spending. IE: I think/feel you would be getting ripped off...some people have no little voice in the back of their head and will sell you anything you will buy just to get your money. We work a bit differently..

i understand and im glad theres companies like fi audio that think about the customers