Sonic Electronix

No, you were saying you have a bass knob, set the gains on the amp so that your pushing about 400 watts to each, then from there you can move the bass knob either way you want and it will only push out 400w. Just set your gains on the amp. Plug in your bass knob, and use that from then on, your bass knob will adjust your gain, but it won't let you go any higher than what your gains are set on the actual amp itself. Catch my drift

Check out my build log:

http://www.stevemead...60#entry1958353

Different folks have different strokes.

I would not recommend over powering them by that much. I have always had really good results running Kicker subs at 200 watts over their RMS but not double.

If you are going to do it then I would stick to a sealed box and stay to the small side of the manufactures recommendations or I would wire for 8 ohm which would be like 400 watts and do a ported box tuned to 38 hertz.

That is my opinion.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Why don't you want to run your RE SX?

That would be a competent sub depending on coil configuration.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

cause i dont have the tools to build a box and haven't bought a box cause all local shops want 650$+ for a box for my 2 re's...or they would DEFFINETLY be in there..

Driving my 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 MEGA cab with the 5.7 hemi.

Audio: Two 10" Alpine Type R's ( 1000rms models )

Hifonics BRZ 2400.1D @ .5 ohm

Two Kinetic 1400 batteries ( soon to have XS power under hood )

Tsunami 1/0 Awg wire throughout truck.

Stock Infinity 7 speaker system ( Junk ) soon to be replaced, probably all Alpine.

Exterior: 17"Dick cepek rims with 33" Toyo MT tires

Bushwacker fender flares

Magnaflow true duel exhaust

LED tail lights with Projector headlights

Plasti-dip fun coming soon!

cause i dont have the tools to build a box and haven't bought a box cause all local shops want 650$+ for a box for my 2 re's...or they would DEFFINETLY be in there..

I gotcha!

Sooooo, um what type of box are you going to run your CVR's in?

Is it sealed?

Is it ported and if so how do you know it is tuned properly for the Comp VR?

Terryswork001.png

You don't need much tools to build a box :P Get the local Home Depot/ Lowes to cut the wood for you, I'm sure you can find a drill and a jigsaw from a friend or relative.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

i have the 2400 hooked up to the cvrs.. dont really notice a difference but im scared to push them right now lol, but sunday im gonna just get it over with and FINISH that box of mine. a buddies dad helped cut them, and thats as far as i got.. but theres a bass comp august and that will be my first one ever so im deciding to get it over with and go to it with my 15's ... can anyone tell me in depth how to reverse mount subs? i want to drop my tunning from 34hz by inverting the subs.. and it looks sexy lol

Driving my 2008 Dodge Ram 2500 MEGA cab with the 5.7 hemi.

Audio: Two 10" Alpine Type R's ( 1000rms models )

Hifonics BRZ 2400.1D @ .5 ohm

Two Kinetic 1400 batteries ( soon to have XS power under hood )

Tsunami 1/0 Awg wire throughout truck.

Stock Infinity 7 speaker system ( Junk ) soon to be replaced, probably all Alpine.

Exterior: 17"Dick cepek rims with 33" Toyo MT tires

Bushwacker fender flares

Magnaflow true duel exhaust

LED tail lights with Projector headlights

Plasti-dip fun coming soon!