Sonic Electronix

7 members have voted

1. 1. Is it right?

You really only need like 2 runs of negative front to back then one or two grounds in the back to the frame and you would be fine.

i completely disagree.

remember you need negative runs from alt to battery. i like to use an alt mount as a grounding spot.

space out the wires along the bus bar. dont just stack them all into one spot.

Edited by skittlesRgood

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

You really only need like 2 runs of negative front to back then one or two grounds in the back to the frame and you would be fine.

i completely disagree.

remember you need negative runs from alt to battery. i like to use an alt mount as a grounding spot.

Why do you disagree?

That is more than enough ground. I know that you need the alt to battery grounds but I was just talking about front to back.

i completely disagree.

Why do you disagree?

That is more than enough ground. I know that you need the alt to battery grounds but I was just talking about front to back.

why does it make any sense to have 4 positive runs and two negative runs? even if you do two more to the frame, why settle for the much more resistive steel to carry current to your batteries/amps?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

i completely disagree.

Why do you disagree?

why does it make any sense to have 4 positive runs and two negative runs? even if you do two more to the frame, why settle for the much more resistive steel to carry current to your batteries/amps?

Because negative doesn't carry any current. You are just providing a ground. Why would it matter where it is coming from.

I was going to ground to alts I just forgot to put it up there also should I increase the runs to engine block or just increase it to 1/0

the alt negative is the same as the engine ground. arent all of these wires 1/0??

i didnt notice but you need two fuses between the front battery and back bank. one close to each end.

i completely disagree.

Why do you disagree?

Because negative doesn't carry any current. You are just providing a ground. Why would it matter where it is coming from.

its funny how often people argue with me that dont know what they are talking about.

1st off, DC flows from - to +. second, this is called a circuit. current goes through all the wires. do you think it just disappears?? and if you dont believe me you can go get a clamp meter and measure the + and - wires and see the amperage on each is about the same.

the positive earth ground theory is just that. a theory

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

I was going to ground to alts I just forgot to put it up there also should I increase the runs to engine block or just increase it to 1/0

the alt negative is the same as the engine ground. arent all of these wires 1/0??

i didnt notice but you need two fuses between the front battery and back bank. one close to each end.

i completely disagree.

Why do you disagree?

its funny how often people argue with me that dont know what they are talking about.

1st off, DC flows from - to +. second, this is called a circuit. current goes through all the wires. do you think it just disappears?? and if you dont believe me you can go get a clamp meter and measure the + and - wires and see the amperage on each is about the same.

I'm not trying to argue at all man. Amperage may be the same but there is no voltage so the current is not there. I always believe in having good grounds, and I believe what I suggested would be perfectly fine.

i completely disagree.

Why do you disagree?

Wow really? Seriously go study some physics.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.