Working With Dry Ice - Pics & Vids

Thats pretty cool stuff right there! I always wanted to know how it was done....Q, do you guys make the large blocks at all?

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

yes we HAVE made dry ice bombs, but our plant is right next to the Valero Refinery (gas company) and their security guards came over so we dont do it anymore..

No, we only make pellets, 3 different sizes, there is other plants in our company that DO make blocks and that also do snow.

06 SCION tC

Thats pretty cool stuff right there! I always wanted to know how it was done....

Basically, the stuff comes into our plant as a Liquid, then when it goes through the machines, it turns it into Snow, and then the snow is pressed really hard through holes, forming pellets. its pretty cool and was very interesting when i first started working there, now i know like all about the stuff so its not too exciting anymore but still have some fun with it lol..

Figured I would share with you guys where my money comes from for my BASS !!! =D

06 SCION tC

So what happens when the air gets to much Co2? do ya get dizzy, or "high"? Headaches....???

Scientia est Vox

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

So what happens when the air gets to much Co2? do ya get dizzy, or "high"? Headaches....???

well our building is vented pretty well, we have two powerful exhaust fans behind the machines, two ceiling fans, ceiling exhaust fan (which does nothing cuz Co2 is heavier than Oxygen and stays low to the ground) we also have a large door we can open and a huge fan unit on wheels.

usually we dont have any problems at all.. the only issues we have are like when there is vapor coming out of a machine and you walk through it and breathe, it will seriously knock you out, if there is not enough oxygen and too much co2 vapor it will knock you unconcious.

IF you go unconcience and no one does CPR to get your oxygen you can die. its really easy to like stand in front of a machine and take a deep breathe in the vapor and kill yourself... so there is a HUGE RISK involved but we are NOT idiots and do that lol.

But we have Co2 sensor alarm system that goes off and stuff and when it gets really high the large exhaust fans speed up to max and cleans out the air pretty well.

06 SCION tC

Very interesting. Just wondered cuz I have heard of people doing Co2 "shots" from the airguns and whip creme cans...

Scientia est Vox

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Very interesting. Just wondered cuz I have heard of people doing Co2 "shots" from the airguns and whip creme cans...

yea, those people are kinda dumb lol.. i have prolly inhaled more amounts than them, i almost passed out one time.. was very scary, i kinda got disorientated and had walked out of it in enough time but had to go outside for 5 min for some fresh air.. it can be very dangerous, especially the clear vapor you dont see it very well till you inhale it

06 SCION tC