Second Skin Audio

3 10's box help plz

today i ordered my stereo equipment it totaled out to about $500 give or take a few this is what i got

10" mtx jackhammer-3

mtx jackhammer 1200.1-1

kenwood stereo

mtx thunder 6.5's-2

this is my first system so plz dont bash but what i would like someone to do is design a box for me.

my dimensions are 31" wide 31" front to back and 15" tall i would like subs up port up and i dont care weather it's aero port or slot whatever you think would be best. here are sub specs

RMS Power (Watts) 200

Peak Power (Watts) 400

Recommended Amp Power (RMS) 100 - 200

Impedance 4O

Frequency Response 38Hz - 150Hz

Sensitivity 86.4dB (1W/1M)

Voice Coil 1.50" (3.81 cm)

Magnet Weight 48 oz.

Mounting Depth 5.41" (13.74 cm)

Cut Out Diameter 11.06" (28.10 cm)

Volume Displacement (in³) 21.80

Sealed Enclosure Net Volume 0.75 cu ft

Vented Enclosure Net Volume 1.45 cu ft

sorry for long post

Current system:Front stage: Alpine type s 6.5No rear:Alpine type s 6.5headunit: alpineAmp: Jbl bp600.1

Sub: Alpine type x 12

dont know much about them. Found a "FLUX" Capacitor on ebay. If I add this to my system, can I really travel into the future? And how far into the future? That probably all depends on how I ground it though, right?

Dude dont even waste your money on capacitors get a second car battery preferably a kinetik or stinger or any other car audio battery use the battery that is correct for your systems true rms wattage do some research on the net for this. Go to kinetiks website they explain how to pick a battery from thier site that fits your system. :shrug:

I´ve worked a few times with those subs and the 7500´s and they are very nice for the price, this isn´t a shitty system for someone starting if you ask me. About the box, i would definitly use a slot port, i would build something like this:

Box: 15" h x 31" w x 25" d

Port: 29.5" x 2" x 21" D

That would give you around 4.5 c/f box after displacement and 59SQ of port with a 38 hz tuning, i wouldn´t tune those subs lower than that because of the FS of the subs, but you never know, the time i used the 7500´s they could play lows very nice even with a stupid high FS. I didn´t put too much thinking on this box since you didn´t said the kind of music you like, your goals and car, but that should work on any daily application :)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

I´ve worked a few times with those subs and the 7500´s and they are very nice for the price, this isn´t a shitty system for someone starting if you ask me. About the box, i would definitly use a slot port, i would build something like this:

Box: 15" h x 31" w x 25" d

Port: 29.5" x 2" x 21" D

That would give you around 4.5 c/f box after displacement and 59SQ of port with a 38 hz tuning, i wouldn´t tune those subs lower than that because of the FS of the subs, but you never know, the time i used the 7500´s they could play lows very nice even with a stupid high FS. I didn´t put too much thinking on this box since you didn´t said the kind of music you like, your goals and car, but that should work on any daily application :)

Yea what he said

xspower.jpg

ShowImage-1.jpg

Had an estimate of 6400 for an alpine/clarion setup dealer said it "should" hit around 160db with the custom boxes he was going to make for me..doubtful with so much area to move but, budget is way below that :( any ideas on cheaper brands for that kind of Spl setup? really didnt want to try any Boss or soundstorm, thinking Quantum figure around $150 per speaker "$1800 total" and $1700 to power it, first actual big setup for the van.

New MEMPHIS CAR AUDIO build

4 15s Memphis C3

2 xs power D3100

1 xs power d3400

custom fiberglass door pannel

and lots more

My Build

i listen to mostly rap and thanks i have only heard 4 12" jackhammers and i about sharted my pants and i have heard 3 10's but they where sealed

Current system:Front stage: Alpine type s 6.5No rear:Alpine type s 6.5headunit: alpineAmp: Jbl bp600.1

dont know much about them. Found a "FLUX" Capacitor on ebay. If I add this to my system, can I really travel into the future? And how far into the future? That probably all depends on how I ground it though, right?

Dude dont even waste your money on capacitors get a second car battery preferably a kinetik or stinger or any other car audio battery use the battery that is correct for your systems true rms wattage do some research on the net for this. Go to kinetiks website they explain how to pick a battery from thier site that fits your system. :shrug:

Here´s an example of what i could do with 3 10´s in my swift, on this vid i had 3 7500´s and a mtx 1500.1 amplifier, don´t pay attention to the C6 amplifier i said because it broke down and MTX borrowed me their amplifier, that thing was loud as hell believe it or not, and yes, i tried the jackhammers on that same box ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bis9aOY87z0

Edited by fecupe2001

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

how do i upload photos of google sketchup, better yet how do i take pictures of google sketchup i think i have the box designed like you where talking about but im not sure

Upload the pictures on slide or imageshack.us

box.png

back.png

Edited by Hertz_dont_it

i just realized that wont work the port would touch the bottom of the speakers help me plz if you could design

You haven´t said what car is it, you said at the beggining you wanted sub/port up and those were the measures i suggested you to use, so , what car is it?