Sundown Audio

PISSED but maybe I shouldn't be.. Help me out

jconnway

are all you're comparing them on is the minute power difference that you wont notice and that ridiculous frequency range.. which you wont need any thing over around 18k hz anyway. and if its for mid and highs the youll want a lower THD anyway. But if its not what you wanted get a refund. But if you don't wanna buy the rubi on another site for more money and you have nothing else in mind just get the piccasso, but make sure they refund you the price difference.

are all you're comparing them on is the minute power difference that you wont notice and that ridiculous frequency range.. which you wont need any thing over around 18k hz anyway. and if its for mid and highs the youll want a lower THD anyway. But if its not what you wanted get a refund. But if you don't wanna buy the rubi on another site for more money and you have nothing else in mind just get the piccasso, but make sure they refund you the price difference.

Those are the two major differences in the amps specs. And yes I know they aren't major. But you know what else bothers me about this? The rubi is more aesthetically pleasing. I think it's a better looking amp in general. And plus, you may think 20 watts difference won't matter, but it does. A few extra watts per speaker (within rated, no clipping) is a good thing, who wouldn't want that.

Edit: THD Picasso - .03

THD rubi - .015

Again, tiny ass difference but a difference nonetheless

Edited by jconnway

Those are the two major differences in the amps specs. And yes I know they aren't major. But you know what else bothers me about this? The rubi is more aesthetically pleasing. I think it's a better looking amp in general. And plus, you may think 20 watts difference won't matter, but it does. A few extra watts per speaker (within rated, no clipping) is a good thing, who wouldn't want that.

THD rubi - .015

you wont here that difference in power, and they way you said it in the first post was the sales guy was saying the Picasso had a smaller THD.

where james at like bahhhh both amps are complete garbage zomg dont waste ur money :peepwall:

anyway, get your money back and look elsewhere. imo its worth a couple extra bucks to deal with an actual site with a reputation rather than skim through ebay adds unless its a uuber deal and most of those are too good to be true :/

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

THD rubi - .015

you wont here that difference in power, and they way you said it in the first post was the sales guy was saying the Picasso had a smaller THD.

thats what he said. so i looked and he was wrong.

and it was an uber deal. i was getting this amp for 130 bucks. seriously thats a phenomenal price for this thing.