Thanks guys ill see if i can get some pictures of how it was when we first got it. I was 9 i think and im 20 now so weve had it awhile, still needs some work but not bad for a poor boy haha. If yall have any ideas on something yall would do let me know im always open to new ideas.

Nice car man. The only thing i would do is get some msd red plug wires and run em clean!! Car looks good tho! And i love that impala!! I'm partial to impalas myself since i have a '65 impala!

2000 zx2: Rebuild with 8 12s on a 10k underway!!

MY BUILD LOG

Thanks man. The car is getting a whole motor swap, so it will definitely gonna be cleaned up as well as add some horsepower. Obviously this car wasnt made for crazy sound systems, so space is a bit limited but im hoping its gonna sound pretty good for what it will have. This is my first time doing something like that amp rack so it turned out all right i guess, but theres always room for improvement.

As for that impala im in love with it. I would drive that thing all day long, i wish i could have gotten a picture of the motor cause whoever restored it had it ridiculously clean. Every little piece that could be painted was color matched to the car. The owner was keeping his eye on me though so i didnt wanna try to sneak a few pictures of it.

sweet car!! kinda disappointed in the sub but oh well

Yeah thats the old box and sub, still have to build a new box...Thinking a slot port tuned to around 32-34. Still not sure on the sub maybe a sundown sa-10 or sa-12. I really want to do with DC but dont want to wait as it looks like it could be awhile since theres people who ordered in April and still havent gotten theres. I just had that in there so i knew about how much room the new box would take up, but i definitely agree with you.

• 2 weeks later...

Got most of the car done, i finished up all the wiring and cleaned up all the wiring. Did the big 3 upgrade, but i think im gonna go ahead and upgrade the battery. Everything sounds great, loud and clear....way better then before. I ended up putting some small 6x9 boxes in the trunk, i couldnt figure out a way to add anymore speakers in the cabin without cutting into door panels or anything, and my dad didnt want to do that. They sound good, it will work out good for car shows, drive ins, etc. I have a Alpine Type R on the way, gonna do a sealed box since space is limited but it should sound pretty good and get loud. But on to the pictures

IMG_0521.jpg

IMG_0512.jpg

IMG_0514.jpg

IMG_0515.jpg

IMG_0516.jpg

Nothing to special going on, like i said we wanted to keep it mostly stock looking but have some good loud stereo equipment. For 42 year old car i think it sounds great. Hopefully in between work next week, ill be able to get my box done and put the sub in, and possibly upgrade that front battery. Feel free to let me know what you think!

love seeing this. im about to start the build in my 69 chevelle and love seeing some other old schools on here. good job bro

1969 Chevy Chevelle

20/22" staggered Bonspeed Huntingtons wrapped in Nitto INVO's

Mechman 250amp cs144 alt w/AVBM

Kinetik 1800 main battery/Kinetik 2400 in the trunk

Pioneer AVH-3200dvd Headunit

(2) sets of Hybrid Audio Technologies Imagine components up front

(2) DD 3512's d4 coils

Sundown sax100.4 component amp

Sundown saz-3000d subwoofer amp

5ft^3 box tuned to 34hz

MY BUILD

dam thats a nice ass impala too. i need to get my ride goin soon.

I Rock 4 Doors 4 More Whores!

SMD SUPER SELLER

my seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-mama-feedback/

more seller feedback http://www.stevemead...-slaps-yo-mama/

Thanks guys the only thing im not happy with is that box, thats why a new one needs to happen soon. Im gonna make it as small as possible while still having aenough airspace, hopefully by doing this it will move the box away from that NOS bottle and make the trunk look a little more proportional. And i still need to add the NOS sticker on the box so it doesnt look like a fire extinguisher back there haha

It sounds really clean, i added a center channel in the dash since it already had a spot from the factory. I hooked it up to the deck only but im still contemplating on if im gonna leave it or not, its a little bit bright for my taste but well see what happens there. Other then that though it sounds pretty good and gets loud...Im waiting for my SMD distortion detector to really tune in my gains and all before i start cranking it real loud. The bass hits really hard too and for what it is just a small 10" can get down fairly low. Im thinking with that new box and putting in the type R it might be a little louder and dig down deeper then the cvr that is in there now so im ready for it to be here.