Second Skin Audio

little problem with my sundown build

I have 2 D4 sundown SA-12s sealed of from the trunk firing inside the cab.they are wired 2 ohms a piece on the inside. then you can series for 4 or 1 on the outside of the box. Anyways I have not ordered my amp yet so yesterday we tried it on a kicker 1500.1 @ 4ohms and it was not very loud. The sq was extremly good! But something wasnt right. We looked back and one woofer was moving alot more than the other. Everything reads out good on the voltmeter too. when i push on them one is stiffer than the other. should i just switch them around? and what could be the problem to it not being very loud? Do the SA's really need a stupid amount of power to be loud? any opinions on this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

6.5 rockford fosgate 2-way fronts

6.5 rockford fosgate 3-way rear

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

something is probably wired wrong.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

thats good but what about how they are wired inside the box?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

If one woofer is stiffer than the other it may be newer, or a suspension part may have separated from something on the looser one.

they all have seen the same power. And the guy i got them from always used an o-scope. there were six total

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

thats good but what about how they are wired inside the box?

[/quote

parallel.. I think i fixed it! the pos and neg terminals on one of the coils were switched. (on sub not moving very much) so the coils must of been going against each other

Edited by Integra_boomer

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg