06 Civic Build - New Build List on page 60

Ok after further review and research and asking questions, I've decided to go with the first option of the coax cable and NOT the toslink adapter.

Now I need to make a list of things to get.

1. Samsung Galaxy S 4g Phone upgrade

2. Samsung Galaxy 10.1 32gb WiFi Tablet

3. Samsung Galaxy 7.0 Multimedia Dock with HDMI

4. Samsung Galaxy Tab Vehicle Power Adapter

5. Gefen GTV-HDMI-2-COMPSVIDS HDMI to Composite Converter

6. Some kind of car charger to power the Gefen Converter

7. Digital Coax Cable

8. Audison Connection RCA Male Connectors, I already have these

I already have the Gepco EZ cable for the RCA's, I'll use the same Digital Coax Cable for the Monitors and the RCA ends as well. I already have the monitors, and I already have the Bit One.

Now if I could just get the rest of my gear to sell I could fund this damn project!

So here's the latest today.

This morning I had an epic fail! I'm so pissed!

IMG00615-20110817-0921.jpg

Gotta figure out how to get this fixed! But on the flip side to that I found out they're 18 x 9.5" not 8.0's. NUTZ! I had no idea. I'll have to double check the box when I get home, but I went and measured from inside to out of the wheel and it's 9.5".

Also I just went to best buy and played with phones and the tablets.

First the phone situation is still up in the air. i won't get into that.

HOWEVER, the tablet has been decided. I played with a few, HP Touchpad, Transformer, Xoom, and the Galaxy 10.1. I absolutely fell in love with the Galaxy as I thought I would. I honestly did not go in there closed minded to just that tablet. I went in thinking keep an open mind about them and see what I like best. I used the Galaxy last too btw. I picked it up and it felt different then the rest of them. It moves well, I navigated through it well, well enough for someone like me, and I just really really enjoyed it. So I'm decided now. That's the one I'm getting. Etch it in stone, take a picture I don't give a "F". Done deal! As soon as the Pioneer head unit sells I'm gonna have enough to get it and I'll order it in!

I also found out that with the HDMI port and 30 pin connector port, that I won't be able to transfer data through the usb but will be able to charge while using the HDMI. That's all I need now, which was the last option I posted on hook up. So I'm very happy to find that out.

So that's about it for now. There's the latest.

So here's the latest today.

This morning I had an epic fail! I'm so pissed!

IMG00615-20110817-0921.jpg

Gotta figure out how to get this fixed! But on the flip side to that I found out they're 18 x 9.5" not 8.0's. NUTZ! I had no idea. I'll have to double check the box when I get home, but I went and measured from inside to out of the wheel and it's 9.5".

Also I just went to best buy and played with phones and the tablets.

First the phone situation is still up in the air. i won't get into that.

HOWEVER, the tablet has been decided. I played with a few, HP Touchpad, Transformer, Xoom, and the Galaxy 10.1. I absolutely fell in love with the Galaxy as I thought I would. I honestly did not go in there closed minded to just that tablet. I went in thinking keep an open mind about them and see what I like best. I used the Galaxy last too btw. I picked it up and it felt different then the rest of them. It moves well, I navigated through it well, well enough for someone like me, and I just really really enjoyed it. So I'm decided now. That's the one I'm getting. Etch it in stone, take a picture I don't give a "F". Done deal! As soon as the Pioneer head unit sells I'm gonna have enough to get it and I'll order it in!

I also found out that with the HDMI port and 30 pin connector port, that I won't be able to transfer data through the usb but will be able to charge while using the HDMI. That's all I need now, which was the last option I posted on hook up. So I'm very happy to find that out.

So that's about it for now. There's the latest.

Get in touch with Steve, there is a company that he used to fix a couple wheels from he Escalade. I'm unsure of how close they are to you, but they did a great job I think.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Ok so as a switch to things, I started thinking back to my rear component panel. What I thought of was how it's attached. I don't like that screws are just into the metal.

So what I'm thinking is that I know there are these rivet things, I don't remember what they're called, that go into the metal and are like threaded inserts. Can anyone give me some insight on what they're called so I can order the gun and the inserts please?

Archived