06 Civic Build - New Build List on page 60

Well first let me say, it's been a frustrating day. Got the truck smogged finally, but found out that the rear antilock braking system valve went out on my truck and thus leaving me with no brakes! I knew it was going out, it's been leaking for a while. But when the put the truck on the rollers for the smog test and then tried to stop, there were no brakes. So I had to spend the better part of the day, A) finding the part, and B) putting it in. I got it in, and the truck is good as new for a while now, and smog is passed.

However, that lead me to not being able to work on the car today. SO, no updates tonight. Sorry guys! However, I am doing other things that I'd planned to do tomorrow, so I should be able to spend all day on it tomorrow.

Sounds good. I look forward to seeing what other ideas come pouring out of your noggin.

Ya I seem to always come up with something. Usually is just a matter of whether it will work or not.

I am liking the tablet set up and the ejection idea is pretty cool would love to see how it works out.

I was outside looking at it for a moment and I think I can make it work but I have a couple of snags.

First, is room is tight! Where I have the dash piece cut right now is pretty much as high as I can go. I could probably squeeze another 1/4" out of it, but anything beyond there, I'm going to be cutting into the clips that hold the dash bezel in place. However, I think I found a way around it. I will mean getting creative, but I guess that's nothing different then what I've been doing.

Second, I need to get my hands on a linear actuator. I micro one if I can. I'm thinking I get the understanding of how to make it operate, but I don't quite understand how to make it stop when I need it to, in or out. I really only need it to go out about an inch, not much more than that is necessary. It's only to get my fingers on the tablet once it's open, cause I'll get it pushed up simply by sliding it with my hand on the screen. Then once it's up I'll just need to get my fingers on it to pull it out. But I don't know how to make it stop at a certain point etc. So I could do the closed stoppage at the closed position. So when the actuator is fully retracted, that would be my closed position. Then when it extends out, I need to either find one that stops at about an inch or find a way to make it stop at that inch. Make sense? Ya, me neither!

I did find a couple of micro actuators but I need to do more research on them to figure it out. Until then I'll still make it to hinge and close completely, and then I can add the actuator as an afterthought.

lookin great bro keep up the good work, i am tuned in! :drink40:

Wow, thanks Mr. Meade. Thanks for stopping by!!

why did you change the amps? audison is better than hertz (in sound quality)... hertz is better for pressure :ehh:

Ya know, I tried and tried and tried, and then when I thought I'd given up, I tried some more to get those LRx's in there and look balanced, and it just wasn't going to happen. That's really about it. But I'm happy with the decision, I think the Hertz amps will do me well. I've heard from a few people who compete regularly and have the Hertz HDP amps in their set ups and they love them. They believe that the LRx's are more superior than the HDP's but for the reasons I have, they've all said I'll be happy.

NOW IF I COULD JUST GET THE LAST THREE SOLD!!!!

First, thanks Steve for posting this on Facebook. I appreciate that!

Scooter: I would suggest you make some kind of "visor" on the top of the tablet trim so that sunlight lets you see the screen during daylight.........other than that everything else it's coming together really nice. Keep it up !

I thought about that too. I actually am very impressed with this tablet and the way it reflects the sunlight. I've had it in several different angles and different settings and the sun doesn't bother it too much at all. I'm going to be putting a vinyl or dark tinted strip on the top of my windshield too and that will also help.

Thanks for checking it out!

Aren't they the same company?

They're "mother" company is elettromedia, but they're made by themselves. Hertz is Hertz and Audison is Audison but are parented by Elettromedia. That's my understanding anyway, someone can correct me if I'm wrong. I thought I heard someone say that Hertz was made over here somewhere and Audison is made over in Itally. I know they're both Itallian based companies though. Clear as mud?

Yeah that is the second time Meade posted your build to facebook this month, he must like you.

I'm not sure what I've done to make him not like me, but it's plain as day that he does not. :shrug:

But you very much deserve the attention,

Excellent fabrication in this thread! :drinks:

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

First, thanks Steve for posting this on Facebook. I appreciate that!

Scooter: I would suggest you make some kind of "visor" on the top of the tablet trim so that sunlight lets you see the screen during daylight.........other than that everything else it's coming together really nice. Keep it up !

I thought about that too. I actually am very impressed with this tablet and the way it reflects the sunlight. I've had it in several different angles and different settings and the sun doesn't bother it too much at all. I'm going to be putting a vinyl or dark tinted strip on the top of my windshield too and that will also help.

Thanks for checking it out!

Aren't they the same company?

They're "mother" company is elettromedia, but they're made by themselves. Hertz is Hertz and Audison is Audison but are parented by Elettromedia. That's my understanding anyway, someone can correct me if I'm wrong. I thought I heard someone say that Hertz was made over here somewhere and Audison is made over in Itally. I know they're both Itallian based companies though. Clear as mud?

Thanks for clearing that up because this whole time I thought they were the same damn thing but besides that looking good.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Tuned in for sure!

sweet pillars I wanted to do the tablet in the dash too but the wife has a death grip on it. She knows me too well. Guess I'm saving up for one for myself!

Awesome work bro!

"TheKiaMonster"

2001 Kia Sephia 1.8l Auto

* Kenwood KDC-MP235 Head Unit

* Sony EQ XE-90MKII & Performance Teknique ICBM-7212 Crossover

* Cadence ZRS65KS Component (Front Stage)

* Factory Rear

* MTX TC-4004 (Mids & Highs)

* Crunch V-2800 (LoW's)

* 2 12" DC Audio Lvl 2's ( Aero Ported 4 cubes, tuned @ 35 Hz)

* 0ga scosche and 2x 4ga runs for ground

* 1800cca Lexus Battery

* Stock alt80a

* 100amp battery Isolator

SMD RULES!

http://www.youtube.com/user/davidsdaddy1121?feature=mhee#p/u/0/mEZSLllhspo

Yeah that is the second time Meade posted your build to facebook this month, he must like you. I'm not sure what I've done to make him not like me, but it's plain as day that he does not. :shrug:But you very much deserve the attention, Excellent fabrication in this thread! :drinks:

:peepwall: Thanks for the kind words! I didn't see the first time. I don't get on fb much anymore, except to check in. The new time line format sux! Anyway, thanks!

Tuned in for sure! sweet pillars I wanted to do the tablet in the dash too but the wife has a death grip on it. She knows me too well. Guess I'm saving up for one for myself!Awesome work bro!

Thanks, I hope they turn out well. So far I'm happy with them. Still alot of finish work to be done though. I had to save up for my tablet too. My wife cringes every time I take it out of the case to work with it on this project. I keep telling her if I break it I'll buy her a new one. Why buy her a new one, well, CAUSE SHE'S ADDICTED TO MINE!!! Thanks for the complements!

New pics?!

<_<:peepwall: No it was a non productive day for me. I was at the smog shop this morning, then ran around to get the registration done, EFFING AAA DOESN'T DO CARDS FOR REGISTRATION! CASH OR CHECK ONLY!! WTF IS THAT CRAP!!!! Does anyone even carry a check book anymore!?! And with cards, who the hell needs cash!?!

Anyway, after that I found out I had no rear brakes in the truck. The smog guys said they tried to stop it on the rollers when they were testing it, and the brakes in the back didn't work at all. I knew I had a RAB valve going out, i just didn't know it was completely out! So after chasing that part for a couple hours, I had to install it. Then bleed the brakes 3 times, yes 3 times! By the time I took the core back and got home it was about 330 and so I decided to do some chores around the house. Stuff I was supposed to do tomorrow.

Now come to find out, my wife still thought I was doing that stuff tomorrow so she told my mother in law I was going to be available to have my girls at home with me tomorrow instead of her watching them. So things are looking like they're going to come to a grinding halt. But we'll see if I can get some time to do something tomorrow or not. I'll do my best!

I do have a question guys, it pertains to my actuator idea. Anyone know how to stop an actuator at a specific point? I'd really like to know that, and then I'll be ready for that part. I did go out there and play with my mock up of the tablet and look at the whole thing, and I think I can make it hinge. It should be fine where it is. But I won't know for sure till I get out there and do some work with it.

Till tomorrow! Thanks guys for checking in!

yes, is right... they are 2 brands of Elettromedia here in Italy (designe and development in italy but production in prc)...

i know perfectly this components because here most of us use only hertz and audison...

congrats for your pillars...very nice work!! if you are in time, try to give about 1,5 - 2 liters to the midrange

Are you suggesting sealing them up?

absolutely!!! you have a great midrange (i'll buy it too)... but if you don't give it at least 2 liters it will be anonimous...

with the liters necessary of air, is an astonishing midrange that can reach quietly 200hertz...

try... trust me... and your mid will change from the day to the night

Archived