06 Civic Build - New Build List on page 60

Hey guys, I was looking at distribution blocks, fuse holders, etc at project db. They have what's called "solid fuse block" and I'm not sure what the purpose of them are. Can someone shed some light? I thought the point of a fuse block was to allow one or more power lines in and then fuse them separately and distribute them out.

Here's the link to their site! Project DB

You can see they do good work, but the fuse blocks have me a little stumped! Just trying to clean things up a bit for my build. I'm gong to sell off all the audison connection gear. Not gonna use it anymore. I'm also thinking of doing my own blocks and fuse holders as well. I need 7 fused positives up front: ECU, Starter (these don't really need one but whatever), Alternator, HID's (3x's), 1/0 ga to the rear. So a nice custom block with fuses out would be sick. Then in the rear, I also need 7 fused positives: 4 amps, each cubby, and the fuse to the battery from the front.

I think I'm going to change a little bit up though too. The little cubbies next to the battery that hold positive and negative I think I'm going to change. I'm going to use those to pass the cable in and out of the battery. Then I'll use the spaces next to the sub enclosure that I have nothing in, to pass the runs in. I may do a balanced look. 3 pos and 3 neg on each side. Do a single 1/0 ga in, then 3 fused out for the pos, and 3 non fused out for the neg. I'll see if I can alter the look tonight. If I can I'll repost.

Been creepin' on your build for a while man. I'm impressed with your craftsmanship. Can't wait to see the box. Good job :)

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

Naa dude go for it! It gives a nice look! Can't wait to see it!

Current Builds:
1996 Suburban 1987 Porsche 924S
Owner: Pops Owner: Me
Clarion NZ500 Alpine CDA-9827
3 Sundown SA-12's 2 Kenwood KFC-W3012
1 Sundown SAZ-3500 1 JL Audio 500/1v2
4 Alpine SPS-610C 4 Sony Explod
2 Alpine SPS-170A Custom iPhone/iPod Dock
1 Alpine MPR-F300 Custom upholstered seats
1 DC Power 190 amp OEM Series alt
1 Optima Redtop batt
1 Maxx start batt
0 Gauge KnuKonceptz wiring all around
LOTS OF LEDS!
Custom Chevy Xbox 360
19" LED Vizio tv

COMING SOON!:
custom amp rack custom amp rack
2 Alpine SPS-610C's 4 infinity 6432cpf's
second custom Chevy Xbox 360 2 kenwood KFC-W3012's
Second Skin Damplifier Pro and more to plan!
iPad 2 dash mount
and MUCH MORE TO COME!!

MY OTHER BUDS SUNDOWN 06 PILOT BUILD!

MY BUDS AWESOME 04 TUNDRA BUILD!

KENWOOD INFINITY 87 PORSCHE BUILD!

Sundown Alpine 96 Burban Build!
[/color]
Check me out on Youtube at:
Youtube.com/1987porsche924

Been creepin' on your build for a while man. I'm impressed with your craftsmanship. Can't wait to see the box. Good job :)

Thanks man! I'm looking forward to meeting you at AR in a couple weeks! Thanks for checking this out.

Naa dude go for it! It gives a nice look! Can't wait to see it!

Sorry, go for what? LED's?

Clean work!!!

Thanks!

Little Update Guys - I got my monitor today! :yahoo: So I think maybe tonight I'll get set up a little bit and do a little tutorial of how the tablet and stuff is going to work! Hopefully I can swing it. If not I'll do it tomorrow. I really wanted to work on the amp rack tomorrow though. We'll see what the "MRS" has in store for me tonight!

Quick question guys! I'm doing the rear battery and I'm trying to figure out how I want to do the in and out on it.

Here's the question, if I do a distribution block (fused for pos, non for neg), instead of all the wires going to the battery terminal, is that the same thing as it?

Here's what I mean. I'm thinking of using a dual distribution block (1/0 ga in and dual 1/0 ga fused out) and running the power from the front battery into that, one fused side, and then running the power wire from the other fused side to the amplifier distribution block. Finally the (what would be the input portion of the block) to the pos battery terminal. Then same with the negative side except non fused. Would that all be the same as running the wires to the battery terminals? I'm just extending the terminal by using the cable from there to the block right? Here's a picture of what I'm talking about, courtesy of MS Paint!

BatteryQuestionDiagram.jpg

Let me know guys! Thanks!

Yeah ur just extending the terminals with wires basically.

Current Builds:
1 Optima Redtop batt
1 Maxx start batt
LOTS OF LEDS!
Custom Chevy Xbox 360
19" LED Vizio tv

COMING SOON!:
iPad 2 dash mount
and MUCH MORE TO COME!!

[/color]

Awesome! Thanks! I figured that but I just wanted to double check.

ALSO GUYS; I'm in need of an ALPINE CDA-9886 (or a 9884,9885,9887 will work too). Doesn't have to work, I just need it for cosmetic purposes. But it has to be those cause it needs to fit in the brain like the regular plate does. If anyone has one or knows someone who has one, let me know please! I can buy one off Pac Parts.com, but it don't really wanna pay $130.00 for it. I'm finding it for about $70.00 on ebay but again, little pricey for what I want it for. We'll see what happens I guess.

Awww yeah! Things just got a little more real!

I just designed my own distribution and fused distribution blocks I'm going to attempt to make myself! It's only on paper now and at some point I'll put them on Sketch up like the other stuff you've seen just recently.

I'll be making them out of aluminum stock, and in the meantime I'm going to have to invest in a band saw and a drill press. I'm super excited about doing this. It's one more "custom" element of this project.

Second thing is the secret project is about to reveal itself in a couple of days. I have all the parts that I "need" currently. I need a second faceplate for my CDA-9886 but if I can't get that it's not the end of the world as it's only for cosmetics. I just don't really want to pay for a full replacement ($128.00) or even as much as a used one on ebay is going for ($70.00). So I may just forgo it now, and pick up something a bit later if I feel it's necessary.

I'm about to go out and start the tablet tutorial, but not sure when I'll get that uploaded or not. I've got a jam packed weekend and I don't have much time for work. Story of my life!

Stay tuned!

Can't wait!!

Current Builds:
1 Optima Redtop batt
1 Maxx start batt
LOTS OF LEDS!
Custom Chevy Xbox 360
19" LED Vizio tv

COMING SOON!:
iPad 2 dash mount
and MUCH MORE TO COME!!

[/color]

Archived