06 Civic Build - New Build List on page 60

Ya it is. 200.00 for a composite scaler, and that's from Amazon. If I get it from them it's 300.00. And the coax to digital converter was another 75.00. I was up over 500.00 with everything I needed. With this other one I'm about 250.00. Much better on the wallet! :drink40:

Ok so not crazy huge updates but I got some pictures of something tonight.

I sat down and finally replaced the bad lcd screen on my pioneer headrest monitor. Not too difficult, but I took it slow. Lots of little screws to get down to the screen. Not much to describe, so I'll let the pictures speak for themselves for the most part.

Actually I will say this. In this picture you'll see the old screen, and if you look in the middle of the screen from left to right you'll see a line darker than the rest of the screen. Well when this is on, it's black, there are no pixels working there. So it really messes up the screen and picture. Why couldn't it have been on the bottom of the screen. Oh well done now!

DSC04271.jpg

DSC04272.jpg

Laid the towel down and started taking screws out!

DSC04273.jpg

DSC04274.jpg

Look around on the towel, like I said, lots of little screws!

DSC04275.jpg

DSC04276.jpg

Time to get the new screen out and ready to go! Straight from pioneer! Expensive F-ERS!

DSC04277.jpg

It was well protected though. Have to say that!

DSC04278.jpg

DSC04279.jpg

New and old screen. New on the right old on the left.

DSC04280.jpg

Here's a close up of the pixels that are gone.

DSC04281.jpg

Close up of the new screen.

DSC04282.jpg

The rest was pretty much the same as taking it out. Here's the new screen installed!

DSC04283.jpg

New in, old out!

DSC04284.jpg

Like I said it's not much, but it's one more thing off the list. That's it for tonight! Thanks!

Finally sat and read from the beginning rather than just skimming. Excellent attention to detail. I'd probably have nitpicked a lot of what you did. Especially the gap around the h/u. The gap around mine bothers me but I dont exactly have the resources to jump out and fit it like you did.

1999 GMC Suburban SLT
No system planned just yet.

Look at "hate" spelled backwards. It spells "e-tah." For example, if you hate me you can e-tah dick.

this is gonna be sick. definitely tuned in

TEAM DC

Everything is a 150 on th earometer

Well I guess punching a woman is a good way to test your strength! You never know how strong you are until you cold-cock a woman in the head and break that bitches jaw.

Next time she tries to punch you in the stomach, whip your wiener out and chase her around. Show her who's boss.

Finally sat and read from the beginning rather than just skimming. Excellent attention to detail. I'd probably have nitpicked a lot of what you did. Especially the gap around the h/u. The gap around mine bothers me but I dont exactly have the resources to jump out and fit it like you did.

Ya I don't let things sit too long. If I don't like it, I'll change it pretty quickly. It's kind of a downfall, and at the same time, it's a good quality. Thanks for checking it out. Lots more to come soon, I promise!

So I'm going to go ahead and attempt, depending on how the night turns out of course, to get the dash taken apart tonight and see what room I have back there. Once that's done, and I get the new piece in there and cut it up, I'll be able to do the rest out of the car. Still going to try and use an actuator, but I'm not sure that's going to be a priority at the moment. WE'll see. I'll see if I can find a cheap one today.

Ok so I didn't manage to get much done, a little bit, but not much. I didn't work specifically on the tablet, but decided to try and finish one of my other projects before I start on another project. I don't want too many projects going at one time on this build.

So I went back, and pulled out the headlight shrouds and started working on those. These are all I really have left as far as getting the headlight retrofit done. I have one of these now about 98% done, and I started the second one tonight. I'm going to go ahead and devote my time I have to finishing these up while I wait for the components etc to come in for the tablet. So, without further ado!

Not a ton to show from what you've already seen previously. I decided, after suggestions and thought as well, to go with black shrouds after-all. So I had some little spots still needing filling and addressing. So I sanded it down a bit and filled it.

DSC04285.jpg

DSC04286.jpg

Then while that dried, I started on the second one.

DSC04287.jpg

DSC04288.jpg

Few minutes with the dremel and a cutting wheel, and this was the end result.

DSC04289.jpg

Then I went back to the dried first shroud. Sanded her down, and this is what she looked like.

DSC04290.jpg

Little high build primer

DSC04291.jpg

While that dried, I sanded down the other shroud with a sanding wheel on the dremel. Just to knock down some high spots and rough it up a little bit.

DSC04292.jpg

Then I filled it with it's first layer of filler. Here you can see I also took the other one with the high build primer, and filled in the little pin holes that were left. Those will just take a light sanding, another coat of high build primer, and then it'll be ready for some paint!

DSC04293.jpg

So that's where those are at. One at 98%, the other at about 19%! I'm hoping to get the first one done tomorrow night, second one sanded and another coat of filler on it tomorrow night. Then probably by next week, they'll be ready for install! FINALLY!

Stay tuned for that!

So as I said before I didn't work on the tablet specifically. However, I did do some looking and deciding. This was on the tablet so it's not exactly the best angle to look at it but I couldn't really hold it up there and take the picture very well.

But here's the first one I did:

DSC04294.jpg

So as you can see, this is the plan for the Bit One remote control. I'm going to go ahead and move the HVAC controls, and the Bit One Remote will go there. I think it's a great spot and moving the controls won't be that difficult to do. Worth it in the end.

I didn't mind this one initially, however, after looking at it from behind and all around I discovered a couple of things. First issue is that if I want to flush mount it or counter mount it, this option is not going to work. I have the edge of the bezel there, and there are clips behind it, and if I eliminate those clips the bezel will not hold properly. So there' s that issue.

Second issue is I just simply didn't like the way it looked. It looked way too crammed in there and just didn't fit right. I think with trying to keep the vent, and trying to center it and the remote together, it just didn't look right. So that being said, I went the drastic look.

Here's what I'm most likely going to go with:

DSC04295.jpg

I think this look just fits so much better. It's centered on the bezel. The remote can be moved to match, and center on the tablet. Then the rest can be filled in. I'm just content with loosing the vent, it'll be fine. I have 3 others. There aren't any clips behind where the tablet is sitting and the other thing is this. The tablet is going to be sitting in that dock piece. For that to happen, it's gonna need about a half inch of space above the bit one remote. Centering this will allow me to raise it a little to make that happen. With it to the right like in the first picture, I won't be able to do that.

I'll be starting this after I get all the components in, and when the headlights are done.

That's all for tonight. More to come, hopefully, tomorrow! Goodnight!

I got a little bit of down time this morning before I have to take my girls to school. So I decided to go out and sand down the first shroud. I guess I'm just not very good at this stuff, or the primer just wasn't dry yet, which is a little hard to believe. Whatever the case is, I was sanding it and I've made more work for myself now. On the bottom of the shroud the top layer peeled off. This is not a good sign. So I'm a little frustrated. I sanded it down as best as i could the rest of the way, and then primered it again with high build primer. I'll let it dry a bit and then put it outside and let it sit in the warm air all day.

So I'm a bit frustrated this morning. I feel like I went from 98% down to about 75%. Not happy! I know it's a shroud and most people aren't going to see a few little pin marks, but I don't want to leave it that way, A, and B, now I've made it worse and people will see this problem.

Gonna have to get some more sand paper today.

DSC04296.jpg

DSC04297.jpg

Archived