06 Civic Build - New Build List on page 60

Ok well I did a ton of little stuff today. I also had a little fail because of not paying attention and getting ahead of myself, but that's been resolved and will be fixed probably Friday night. So lets see, hopefully I won't screw this up too bad. There's a lot going on and I have to bounce around for the pics in photobucket so hopefully I can keep it all straight.

First up. Let's start off with the headlight retro going on. I managed to get some work done on the one shroud I've been working on and I think I've finished it. It's pretty good, I'm sure I could get it better but we'll see if the OCD in me takes over. For now I think it'll work just fine. So today I managed to get some more filler on it, and sand it down and prime and paint it. Like I said, it's good for now. It's not perfect but I think for what it is, It'll do. If I get it in there before I seal the lens and I don't like it or it's driving me crazy I'll go further with it. Here's pics!

DSC03552.jpg

DSC03560.jpg

DSC03561.jpg

This is wet, it's gonna be flat black when dried!

DSC03566.jpg

Like this!

DSC03567.jpg

So overall I'm satisfied with it. Do I love it? No I don't think it's that great, but this thing is soo hard to sand right and get perfectly smooth, and that's what I'm having trouble with. So like I said we'll see how I can live with it or not.

Next up. I told you guys before that I forgot to take pics of the brackets with the clear coat on. Well here they are.

DSC03508.jpg

I think they match perfectly. Now I need to get some hardware and get these babies mounted!

So the majority of what I did today was paint! I painted lots of things, and did a couple installs. I had a list of things that I wanted to get done and I didn't because I ran out of paint. I wanted to repaint the calipers the color match galaxy grey metallic but I ran out of high heat primer. So I'll do that another day. The other thing I wanted to do, because I had my car jacked up in the air, was lower the front a little bit. Well because I ran out of primer I never took the wheels off to paint the calipers and therefore when I was done today I dropped the car back on the ground and at that point said "SH!T I forgot to lower the front"! So that will be another day as well. Now onto what I did do.

You saw what I did yesterday with the sway bar. I had sanded it down and it was ready for primer. So that got hung on the side of the house to wait for everything else I wanted to paint.

Ever since I got the Vibrant Exhaust on the ride, I hated the look of the chrome of it, while everything else is a black theme! So I decided to remedy that today. Take a look!

DSC03506.jpg

DSC03507.jpg

DSC03509.jpg

DSC03511.jpg

Here's the axle back and the rsb hanging and ready to paint!

DSC03512.jpg

The materials

DSC03515.jpg

Primed

DSC03516.jpg

DSC03517.jpg

Painted

DSC03518.jpg

DSC03524.jpg

DSC03525.jpg

DSC03530.jpg

I painted the whole thing but I clear coated the tip. That's why it looks different and a little glossier. I'm not sure I like it all that much, I like the flatter black paint.

DSC03519.jpg

Axleback, drying, next to the Mugen down pipe. That's coming up.

DSC03520.jpg

Color matched the RSB

DSC03521.jpg

Looks like a match to me!

DSC03522.jpg

DSC03523.jpg

Axleback back on and lookin purrdy!

DSC03531.jpg

DSC03532.jpg

DSC03533.jpg

Next up I pulled out the RSB brackets and gave them a once over. I think I said previously, I bought this off someone here for about $35.00. I'm not sure what they did with it but it looks like they took the ride off roading or something. There was soo much dirt and stuff in these brackets I had to give them some attention!!

Filthy!!!!

DSC03542.jpg

Got out Mr. Dremel! He's always there for me when I need him! This is just a nylon bristled rotary bit. Not harsh so it won't tear it up but good enough to clean it up.

DSC03543.jpg

In this picture you see on the dremel the copper bristled rotary tool, but I had forgotten to take the picture before I changed it. The brackets are cleaned cause of the nylon one.

DSC03544.jpg

Time for a little deeper cleaning! This stuff was caked on!

DSC03545.jpg

DSC03546.jpg

And a final once over with this one, again nylon bristled!

DSC03547.jpg

Look how beautiful the are now! Now all they need is some life, aka color!

DSC03548.jpg

Gotta seal em up!

DSC03549.jpg

Ready to go

DSC03550.jpg

DSC03551.jpg

COLOR

DSC03556.jpg

DSC03557.jpg

Gave the bolts a little love too!

DSC03563.jpg

Now let's install some stuff.

First I went and took care of the down pipe. This has been sitting in the garage for a couple months now, waiting for me to jack the car up again, so here's the day! She's going on! It was already painted black when I got it so no need to worry about that.

IMG00254-20110505-1534.jpg

Old OEM pipe

DSC03526.jpg

Old and new side by side. Size difference.

DSC03527.jpg

DSC03528.jpg

New installed

DSC03529.jpg

Took a sound bite clip but I don't think it sounds any different. But I'll post the last one as well and you can be the judge.

Actually I take that back. I only had the one from when I had the header on so I know it sounds different. But here anyway!

th_MOV03534.jpg

I will say this. I drove it tonight and it feels a little different. Maybe it's just me I don't know, but it feels a bit more responsive when it takes off. I don't know. Maybe I'm just loony! Well we know that's at least part of the case! LMAO!!

Ok so moving on. The last install I did today is the one that I failed. The RSB! Ok everyone, let me just give you a tip. I'm sure most of you know this, and even I know it, but I failed at it today. When you're going to follow a DIY, make sure you read the whole DIY first and then make sure you understand it second and if you don't re read it again until you do. So let's get started.

I started removing the old RSB, the puny one off the R18.

DSC03535.jpg

You'll need a 14mm socket to get the lower bolt off the endlink.

DSC03536.jpg

These take a 12mm socket, save these bolts.

DSC03537.jpg

Endlink nut removed

DSC03538.jpg

Tiny RSB removed

DSC03539.jpg

Now you'll need to remove the top nut on the end link to put it on the new RSB, unless you've got new ones or aftermarkets. Then don't worry about this part.

To remove the nut you'll need an open box wrench, again 14mm, and a 5mm allen wrech. Stick the allen wrench in the bolt end, only goes one place, and then the box wrech and loosen it up.

DSC03540.jpg

There you have it, uninstalled.

DSC03541.jpg

Before we get onto the next step, lets take a look at the size difference between the Si RSB and the R18 RSB. Crazy isn't it!

DSC03553.jpg

Love that color match!

DSC03554.jpg

DSC03555.jpg

Ok now we're ready for the new boy! Put the end links on the new RSB the same sides you took them off of. You can go ahead and tighten these, they'll turn for you when you get them into place to put in the brackets. I have my support brackets ready to go on here, but as I said before, I need to get hardware for them. SO I'll do that later.

DSC03558.jpg

Put the bushing on.

DSC03559.jpg

Painted bolts

DSC03562.jpg

Put the bottom bolts on.

DSC03564.jpg

Oh sh!t I can't line up the holes for the top bolts! FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL! This is where I realized I missed something. I have to get the Si brackets for the swap! Ran inside, called up my local dealer, NOPE don't have them in stock. Nope no others in town have them either. "I can order them for you, but you just missed the cut off to get them tomorrow. So they'll be here Friday!" Ok well Friday it is then I guess. So I tightened these bad boys up and really I don't think it's going anywhere, at least I hope not. I'll be taking it easy for a couple days just to be sure but after driving it tonight, I don't notice any different movements that shouldn't be there, nor do I hear any noises that shouldn't be there. I think I'll be fine for a couple days!

In the meantime I can go get some hardware for the other brackets and then Friday when I get under there to do this swap, I can put those on as well!

So here's the other side!

DSC03565.jpg

I'd like to get some aftermarket end links, or maybe even build my own. That will most likely be down the road though. Not tops on the list of things to do!

That's about it for today. Like I said a lot of little things. Now I just need to tidy these couple things up and I'll be ready to finish the lights, do the fogs, and get started on the trunk! I'm getting excited!

More to come very soon! Stay tuned!

Now thats what you call a fucking build :trippy: :trippy: :trippy:

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

Trunk - Here's the main part of this build. Let's start with the sub set up. I'll be building a sealed box rear firing for the two 12" Hertz subs. I have changed this a bit, and it may change back. The original plan was to run a 1000 watt amp to each sub, for head room and plenty of power on hand. As I said I do love bass. However, now I've eliminated it from the system. I needed the money at one point, and as of now it hasn't sold. So if that continues to be the case, I'll most likely re incorporate it into the system. So the sealed box will have a big port in the middle of it. This is the pass through to and through the back seat. That's why everything has had a pass through in it. I'll also be grilling off this one somehow.

Dont listen Ported box ALL DAY... unless space is a problem... Go Ported

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

Archived