DC Sound Lab

what do you guys think?

People really don't understand that XL's are not invincible, if you want to demo all day or even play them for more than 20 seconds at a time with more than rated power, they will fuck up. Shit, I ripped my XL 10's apart on less than rated power. XL's are great subs, don't get me wrong, but you cannot go wrong with any amount of power or abuse with the 5's. That's why i'm buying a pair :X

Maybe you should check if you are clipping the hell out of the subs before you change. The xls and 5s have identical parts besides the motor. So if you blew your XL you might blow the 5 ijs

You put in your dimensions your wanting and as far as tuning and size I suggest around 32 hz with 15 sq inches of port per cubic foot and have about 3.5 cubes after all displacement.

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

where can i get this spl dust and how much is it. is it hard to apply? lol

Is that after sub port and bracing displacement or before.

Edited by deeje

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

where can i get this spl dust and how much is it. is it hard to apply? lol

The XL's will perform about as good as the LV 5 on that amount of power. And you'll only need an extra battery to run the 2200. So go for it :D

what do you have now? do you plan on running a alt and better batteries,

i ran my tsns at less than half of what its supposed to use and it did fine, so i second the quote, but do you know what your doing?

cause i didnt when i decided to go big and didnt know there was such a thing as upgrading eletrical

system:

changes way to much...