threw it on the meter last night, hit a 140.1 right out the box at 38 hz (<6 dbs quieter than the 12s, but the 12s right out the box was a 139 so theres more in these), kinda disappointed but considering the subs are not even moving while the music plays and that they are soo stiff, also turned the gains down on the amp, hoping to see better numbers as they break in and (not till next season) upgrade power. Nonetheless, i can feel it moving more air this morning, feels just as loud and sounds close to the 12s, just gonna do some more tweeking and find places to seal with foam. Also need to invest in liquid cooling fans, the amps get so much hotter in the trunk now. Gonna post updates as they come.

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
1st Setup: 145.8 DB Outlaw @37 HZ On Music Out Of Trunk
2nd Setup: 147.8 DB @42 HZ On Music Out The Trunk
Current Trunk Build:
153.8 DB Outlaw @ 49 HZ Out the trunk (150.8 DB Sealed)
Team gg.

wow you knocked that out pretty fast, you dont fuck around lol. Vids?

Quick off-topic/thread jack, Is Ztech down there a good place to get ur tint done, basically do they have a good track record/do good work?

haha yea but Crump and SQsux on the forums didnt fuck around either, we worked on it all day yesterday, could not have finished it myself. Ill post vids after they break in a lil i'm waiting for them to start playing louder and lower, i can already feel that these things are gonna do stoopid lows. Imma pm you a guy that does tint real well, he did mine, slappaho's, and crump's tint, he does it out his garage and does a real good job for the low.

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
Current Trunk Build:
Team gg.

Yea that impala with those aq's was my friends it was pretty nice he ended up wrecking it. But he said he tested a couple different boxes in it and subs forward port side was the loudest for him.

Vehicle: 1995 Impala SSHead Unit: Pioneer AVH-P4400BHMids And Highs: (still deciding)Batteries: 1 Deka Group 34

Time to make a race car.My Build Log: Solo X 12"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build/My Build Log: DC lvl 4 xl 15"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build-My Wall Build Log: 4 Lanzar 15's/ 3k+ RMShttp://www.stevemead...t-by-techforce/My Feedback:http://www.stevemead...1

Yea that impala with those aq's was my friends it was pretty nice he ended up wrecking it. But he said he tested a couple different boxes in it and subs forward port side was the loudest for him.

yea we did our builds at around the same time and funny thing is we had exact equipment to the wire (before he upgraded to a sundown 3500), so we were pretty cool to see who was gonna be louder and he was louder from the beginning, took me a while to get to his level lol, sucked about his car tho :(

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
Current Trunk Build:
Team gg.

How are you gonna say it's gonna kill the lows when you said the highs are the only brutal note. Anyways, it's not very loud right now, it'll get louder but I don't see a 8db gain from breaking in the subs.

4 18's, low power and lots of gay fur.

Team gg

Team DOA

My Videos :)

ok bad news, the subs basically smelled funny since the first song i played (BME Click) with the gains set properly on the amp (actually a bit lower than it was on my 12s) and the subs/sundown 2k got SOOO HOT, ive never had my 12s or my amp even get warm to the touch and i beated the shit outta them, but everything got hot in like a minute, so i didnt take it as a big deal i thought it was just because of the weather. Well, last night, my subs smoked at like volume 10 and we took them out today, coils were black, however i noticed that the tinsels were exposed to the basket of the sub (tinsels touching metal on all vc's) and didnt have the protectant coating on them. I looked at my 12s and noticed that they are pointing down, away from the basket and they have a thick layer of protectant coating on them, so this has GOT to be a manufactuer's error. I contacted AQ they want me send pics and whatnot so i'm going to take care of that now and hopefully have them shipped out asap.

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
Current Trunk Build:
Team gg.

Man that sucks to hear about your subs. Hopefully AQ repairs them for Free, sounds like a Manu Defect to me. Id send them comparison pics of ur 15's and 12's to show them what ur talking about.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

well heres the 15s, feel free to post feedback, i feel like its AQ's fault

DSC02200.jpg

DSC02201.jpg

DSC02202.jpg

DSC02203.jpg

DSC02204.jpg

DSC02206.jpg

DSC02207.jpg

DSC02209.jpg

DSC02208.jpg

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
Current Trunk Build:
Team gg.

Archived