here are my 12s (used my for sale pics)

DSC02170.jpg

DSC02169.jpg

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
1st Setup: 145.8 DB Outlaw @37 HZ On Music Out Of Trunk
2nd Setup: 147.8 DB @42 HZ On Music Out The Trunk
Current Trunk Build:
153.8 DB Outlaw @ 49 HZ Out the trunk (150.8 DB Sealed)
Team gg.

Looks like the 15's were just thrown together compared to the 12's at least from the few pics of the 12's. I see Zipties on the 15s and not on the 12's the tinsels are visible on the 15's and not on the 12's whats up with that ?

Leads touching that metal ring there coulda caused a short? IDK im not a sub expert lol

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

That sucks, hope they fix it for you bro. Maybe it will increase in score if you get free recones.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

Looks like the 15's were just thrown together compared to the 12's at least from the few pics of the 12's. I see Zipties on the 15s and not on the 12's the tinsels are visible on the 15's and not on the 12's whats up with that ?

Leads touching that metal ring there coulda caused a short? IDK im not a sub expert lol

thats what i'm saying, im not an expert but clearly thats messed up and basically i did a 140 on dc voltage going to the subs, i just hope my amp didnt mess up thats my biggest concern now because my warranty ended for it last week.

That sucks, hope they fix it for you bro. Maybe it will increase in score if you get free recones.

I hope so too

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
Current Trunk Build:
Team gg.

Here is a picture i found of a hdc3 15 for sale brand new, notice the tinsels, mounted way different from mine and they arent touching the metal basket

Correct Tinsels

050.jpg

My Tinsels

DSC02202.jpg

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
Current Trunk Build:
Team gg.

arent the tinsels touching the plastic spider ring, or is that metal?

nope its metal i put a magnet to it and it repels. They look so jank'd up compared to the 12s.

EDIT: Notice how the tinsels come from the bottom of the other 15 and the 12s, rather than my 15s, notice the wire ties (came like that) and another thing to add is one of the subs came upside down in the box (magnet facing up, with a foam top thats smaller than the one that came with my 12s.

look's like AQ should fix it and pay for shipping. Good thing your amplifier is fine. :drinks:

thats what im hoping, i hope my amp is fine, i would think it wouldve gone into protect if it was that bad.

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
Current Trunk Build:
Team gg.

they will get extremely warm and barely move if the coils are wired out of phase, seen that happen before a few times

you should have been able to hear the distortion if the tinsels were arcing/it should have sounded terrible

the tinsels are exactly the same as my buddy's AQ HDC3 18 with the new basket

(waiting for phone to send pic to email)

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

Archived