Second Skin Audio

Need sone help for a friend real quick

My buddy is trying to get some subs for his truck. It's an 08 chevy silverado 4 door. He already has a probox for 2 12" but his mounting depth is only 5.5 inches. He was gonna go with fosgate p3 but since they don't fit I told him to wait and I would see what y'all think. His budget is around 300 for the pair. Any help?

What amp is he using? What is he looking formout of the subs? How many watts?

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

Double trouble post

Edited by kam311

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Sundowns would be sick but I think that's a little over the $300 budget. To be honest if your friend just wants to be loud in his daily driver I'd put two kicker cvr's int there, look up the mounting depth first and if it's over 5.5 then maybe a pair of kicker cvt's. They will take the power and they are real cheap on eBay! Actually cheaper than the budget by $150-$100.

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Sundowns would be sick but I think that's a little over the $300 budget. To be honest if your friend just wants to be loud in his daily driver I'd put two kicker cvr's int there, look up the mounting depth first and if it's over 5.5 then maybe a pair of kicker cvt's. They will take the power and they are real cheap on eBay! Actually cheaper than the budget by $150-$100.

Regular SA's wouldn't work with the mounting depth, however the new SD-2's probably would though it would be close.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Alright I checked the cvr but it says 6 1/4 I just don't believe that a probox in a truck is only 5.5" does anyone run one and know if it's any bigger? I would measure it but he's at work so I don't have access to his truck until probably this weekend.

Regular SA's wouldn't work with the mounting depth, however the new SD-2's probably would though it would be close.

I agree that they will probably fit, but I don't see them getting 2 sundown subs shipped for $300 haha that's all I'm saying.

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Alright I checked the cvr but it says 6 1/4 I just don't believe that a probox in a truck is only 5.5" does anyone run one and know if it's any bigger? I would measure it but he's at work so I don't have access to his truck until probably this weekend.

Well if you have the 6-7" that'd be nice, if not you might have to go with a shallow mount

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D