DC Sound Lab

Installed the DC 175.4 in my vehicle as of 2 days ago and everything seemed to be working good. Today it all of a sudden cut the music and went into protect, I felt the amp and it was pretty warm. My voltage is good (power and ground) the remote wire is giving a good signal. My rca's are legit. Im just asking for your guys input on the matter. I know I remember reading the manual a while back and it mentioned the receiver DC current can only be 4V... My Pioneer 5200DVD that i just sold had 4V pre-outs but I switched it out for my older (6 year old) Pioneer Premier DEH-P780MP. It has a 16 band EQ.. blah blah blah and I know the pre-outs are 5V <<< Is this the cause ?

Thanks guys...

Honestly I just tried it not too long ago, amp was cool.. I turned the volume to 14 and it shut off again. Gain is like 65%. Volume goes to 62 but I Never turn it up even close. I dont have any way for checking the clipped signal.. Ill have to get that new SMD invention :peepwall: O and each channel is only at 3.8 ish ohms. Running 8 ohm Selenium Mids and Super Tweets.

warm amp.... hmmm..... all i can think of is clipping bad.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Its hard to believe that he was able to kill an amp in 3 days, especially with good electrical (and not being a dumbass to the gain or volume)...

I had a problem with some other amps when i gave them higher voltage than recommended from a line driver.

Overheated almost instantly...

If no one gives a better suggestion, i would try to swap your old HU back in for a try. Unless of course its already too late... Then you may be out of luck.

Edited by JZeFF

Pioneer x930 bt

Rockford t2500 bdcp

18" nightshade v1

DC audio 175.4

RF power T162s up front, infinity 3 way 6x9's in the back (removing rear stage and re-doing doors soon)

3x XS power D2700's

Knukonceptz 0awg all around

Its summer time... Who's amp isn't warm...

Yesterday the amp was fine at "full volume" and today it's not even though you changed nothing? Maybe you blew a mid or tweet... Or just have them hooked up wrong. How exactly do you have your drivers wired?

Edit: reread first post... You probably are clipping bad seeing as the gain is the same but your pre amp voltage is higher... It's probably because of your HU.

Edited by Rainman215

312tzpu.png

My 02 Accord Wall Build

2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V1 18s --- 1 SAZ 3500

Sundown Audio 100.4 --- 4 Sundown Audio Neo-Pro 8s

Sundown Audio 125.2 --- 2 Morel MD-12 Tweeters , 2 Selenium ST-200 Tweeters

DC Power 270xp --- 4 XS Power D1200s | 1 D5100R

Its hard to believe that he was able to kill an amp in 3 days, especially with good electrical (and not being a dumbass to the gain or volume)...

I had a problem with some other amps when i gave them higher voltage than recommended from a line driver.

Overheated almost instantly...

If no one gives a better suggestion, i would try to swap your old HU back in for a try.

Yeah.. I just tried again, gain on the amp was 25% and went into protect again at volume 18.. The mids are honestly as loud as if you were talking in the library lol. No bass boost B.S. ... No other sub amp or anything else conected. Ill try swapping units like you said if nothing else has a better sug.

Its summer time... Who's amp isn't warm...

Yesterday the amp was fine at "full volume" and today it's not even though you changed nothing? Maybe you blew a mid or tweet... Or just have them hooked up wrong. How exactly do you have your drivers wired?

Edit: reread first post... You probably are clipping bad seeing as the gain is the same but your pre amp voltage is higher... It's probably because of your HU.

No it was never at "full" volume but it was working fine. Ill re-check my wiring, But Im pretty sure its correct and all drivers are in working order.

O and the mids are selenium and so are the super tweeters. I have the drivers wired together, final impedance before rise or anything is 3.8 on the different channels.

Edited by supremeaudio13

You have your mids and tweeters wired to the same channel?

It must be because of the higher pre out voltage. Get a new HU.

312tzpu.png

My 02 Accord Wall Build

2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V1 18s --- 1 SAZ 3500

Sundown Audio 100.4 --- 4 Sundown Audio Neo-Pro 8s

Sundown Audio 125.2 --- 2 Morel MD-12 Tweeters , 2 Selenium ST-200 Tweeters

DC Power 270xp --- 4 XS Power D1200s | 1 D5100R