Sonic Electronix

Need Ideas for Dodge Ram Quad Cab system

I have a 2004 Dodge Ram Quad Cab SLT. Currently I have 2 10" MTX Thunderform 4500's on a Rockford 300.1 amp. I want to keep my back seats and use a custom fit under the seats box. It has .55 cubic feet of airspace per sub and 6.25" mount depth. I need ideas for subs that will fit into this box, and still sound nice n loud. Also need input on what kind of amp would be needed. The budget I'm looking at for this is about $750. Let me know what you think.

Edited by Rich859

I really think there isn't much more you can do with that space... Maybe someone else on here has seen something cool tho!

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs

I have the same exact truck. When i was running that setup i was using Kicker cvr's. They got pretty loud but you definitely arent gonna win any sq competitions with them. If your just looking for loud i would look into that with the kicker 1000.1 amp.

Another really good setup would be 2 dc level 2 10's and look into maybe an audioque AQ750 amp. Not sure on the dc subs price but the amp is right around 200. Those subs require .5 each for airspace so they should fit your airspace for the box and the moutning depth is 5.25. I imagine you could get it all for less than 750 dollars and it would be pretty damn loud for an under the seat setup.

I have the same exact truck. When i was running that setup i was using Kicker cvr's. They got pretty loud but you definitely arent gonna win any sq competitions with them. If your just looking for loud i would look into that with the kicker 1000.1 amp.

Another really good setup would be 2 dc level 2 10's and look into maybe an audioque AQ750 amp. Not sure on the dc subs price but the amp is right around 200. Those subs require .5 each for airspace so they should fit your airspace for the box and the moutning depth is 5.25. I imagine you could get it all for less than 750 dollars and it would be pretty damn loud for an under the seat setup.

I'm definely liking th sound of that, I'm not going for SPL comp setup, just want the loudest I can get to fit into the space.

You will have to find a rep on here that can get you the pricing of level 2's. I know they can handle 300 watts all day long and i would assume that is a little underrated. But if i were you i would go the dc and audioque setup. If you can wait out the wait for the dc equipment i think it would be worth it.

The kicker route would probably be pretty loud in your truck but if your like me i get tired of running the same stuff as other people so i like being just as loud if not louder with stuff other people think is shitty because it isnt kicker, jl, etc.

Just be sure and do the Big 3 upgrade and on that much power that should be about all you need and i think you would be pretty damn happy with it.

You will have to find a rep on here that can get you the pricing of level 2's. I know they can handle 300 watts all day long and i would assume that is a little underrated. But if i were you i would go the dc and audioque setup. If you can wait out the wait for the dc equipment i think it would be worth it.

The kicker route would probably be pretty loud in your truck but if your like me i get tired of running the same stuff as other people so i like being just as loud if not louder with stuff other people think is shitty because it isnt kicker, jl, etc.

Just be sure and do the Big 3 upgrade and on that much power that should be about all you need and i think you would be pretty damn happy with it.

Sounds good man, Thanks for your input.

Sa-8s FTW

Haha I was thinking that too, but I didn't want to sound like a dumb ass hahaha. But really those 8's can get down!!!

As far as the DC level 2's I think you'd be happy with that set up, like he said, your not going to be pulling hair tricks and stuff or popping eyes out, but it will most likely be the loudest under seat set up you'll hear.

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs