2004 Ford Expedition Exhaust System

First of all hello my SMD fam!!! Anyways I've own a 2004 Ford Expedition 4.6L 2WD with only 75,000 miles now for over 6 yrs. Now my trucks audio system is up to par times two, I'd like to get more out of my 4.6L (really wish i'd of gotten the 5.4L). Anyways I want to add the following ......

Exhaust -aftermarket headers and a nice muffler(can't decide between the flowmaster 40 or 50 series .... dont' want her too loud) and catalytic converters(thought about keeping the stocks) .....thinking dual pipes but depends on the price.

Intake -Airaid or K&N cold air intake ......... throw in a throttle body spacer too.

Currently i'm on deployment and want to do all these things when i get home in Sept, so i'm getting all my facts together now. I want to keep the price down as low as possible without going too cheap on this project. My 4.6L has given me no problems and i want to keep it that way but yet get more performance and power out of her and i know a good intake and exhaust system will help some. So give me your comments/ideas on this matter along with some good but inexpensive brands to go with in order to complete my project. Thanks in advance.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

You wont see much performance upgrade on just an intake and exhaust on that 4.6L. Don't get me wrong it will help it breathe but not much actual HP gains. For the money a mild cam, air intake and short tube headers would wake that engine up.

VA Beach? I'm guessing Navy, where are you deployed to? I'm in Afghanistan, Army.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

everyone using flowmasters!! especially around me!! try pypes , gibson or make it yourself, if you have access to a welder its not hard to do your own exhaust if you know how to weld and cut pipe

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

everyone using flowmasters!! especially around me!! try pypes , gibson or make it yourself, if you have access to a welder its not hard to do your own exhaust if you know how to weld and cut pipe

I like Corsa, Gibson and Magnaflow, Flowmaster has too much in cabin drone and gets annoying after a while.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

You wont see much performance upgrade on just an intake and exhaust on that 4.6L. Don't get me wrong it will help it breathe but not much actual HP gains. For the money a mild cam, air intake and short tube headers would wake that engine up.

VA Beach? I'm guessing Navy, where are you deployed to? I'm in Afghanistan, Army.

Yeh Navy and i'm in Naples, Italy at the moment. I really hate i didn't ge the 5.4L but i don't wanna spend a ton on this truck, as said waking the engine up a little would be cool for me. i looking into procharger and that's just way to much money for a daily driver.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

Try super 44 if you go with exhaust

[/quote

yeh guess a 44 would give me a 40/50 sound, would have to hear them. i've heard of all these other companies too but have no experience with them, don't want her too loud nor too low, just give her a lil kick. I really want to stay low on this project but not too cheap.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

Audiocontrol 3.1.

any thoughts on borla?

yeh i've heard of them. i've heard of a lot of companies, flowmaster is just so dang popular. i'm a go up to my nearest muffler shop and see if i can test and hear a few varies of mufflers. i normally play around on youtube, sort of helps me determine.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

Audiocontrol 3.1.

any thoughts on borla?
yeh i've heard of them. i've heard of a lot of companies, flowmaster is just so dang popular. i'm a go up to my nearest muffler shop and see if i can test and hear a few varies of mufflers. i normally play around on youtube, sort of helps me determine.

just remember, your truck wont sound like others.. many things change the exhaust tone.. size of pipe, where it exits, how long it is ect.

but all flowmasters sound pretty well the same lol

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole