2004 Ford Expedition Exhaust System

Well I guess i'll figure things out when i get home. i've already decided on the Flowmaster 40 series unless i hear something better. I'll also be doing the Gotts Mott (i think i spelled that correct) ........ that'll save me a few 100s vs the cold air intake from K&N or Airaid. I'll see about the headers, high flow cats when i get home, gonna get rid of the four stock cats i have on the truck and do two Magnaflow high flow cats. Just need to find some decent headers for a good price and i'm good. I'll also be looking into a programmer/tuner when i get home too, need to get better gas mileage then i do. Thanks guys.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

• 2 weeks later...

Airflow is as good as it's weakest link...So remember you can only get so much air through your intake and exhaust ports. Stock cats are not necessarily a bad idea, but if you can afford it i'd go with magnaflow high flow cats. Magnaflow is good, if you pay for there good systems. I'd much prefer Borla or a higher end company. Also keep in mind, more flow isn't always a good thing, don't go crazy with it because engines need some back pressure to maintain torque. I agree, for the money you are going to spend, you could get a more aggressive cam to provide a little more scavenging, and better high end horsepower.

• 3 weeks later...

Airflow is as good as it's weakest link...So remember you can only get so much air through your intake and exhaust ports. Stock cats are not necessarily a bad idea, but if you can afford it i'd go with magnaflow high flow cats. Magnaflow is good, if you pay for there good systems. I'd much prefer Borla or a higher end company. Also keep in mind, more flow isn't always a good thing, don't go crazy with it because engines need some back pressure to maintain torque. I agree, for the money you are going to spend, you could get a more aggressive cam to provide a little more scavenging, and better high end horsepower.

yeh i was looking at the Magnaflow high flow cats too. i've heard a few guys on the Ford forums doing superchargers too along with a mild aftermarket exhaust system. i might go that route, would love to get another 100+ horses out of that 4.6L. Thanks guys

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module