Ground question for two batts

Not trying to jack the thread but i have one question how do you set up dual battery setups im looking to switch out my stock one and add one in the rear and wanna know what and how to do it b4 i try to do it myself and it not work

Its ALMOST the same as wiring up a speaker in series... just positive run to the rear battery before the amp, then fuse (if you want) then have seperate ground wire from battery and amp. DO NOT ground your amp to the neg - terminal on the battery

Why not? My understanding is the battery is the best ground you can get since everything grounds at the battery anyway.

@Pburke

You fuse for the wire. So if its OFC 1/0 use 300a, 4gauge use 120a, etc.

Meaning have an actual ground not just to the battery. and you can never have too many good grounds so run one set for battery and one for amp

2 Fi BTL N2 18s Fully LoadedSundown Audio NS-1Kenwood 845 HU Clarion EQ4 Juicebox 3100sKnu Wire"Big 3"Mechman 270a156.3dBTeam GG.

Meaning have an actual ground not just to the battery. and you can never have too many good grounds so run one set for battery and one for amp

I'll play it safe and say I'm fairly certain your wrong.

I'd like someone with a bit of knowledge to drop in here.

No need. Here is the thread I was looking for.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/84171-wheres-the-best-place-to-ground-your-syetem/page__view__findpost__p__1154741

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/84171-wheres-the-best-place-to-ground-your-syetem/page__view__findpost__p__1158344

In other words, you ground your frame to the battery, not the battery to the frame.

ok thank you very much.. where would i find those fuses and the 1/0 wire

I like Knu Konceptz. Its good wire for a good price, they ship fast. Just be aware of whether or not you buy Copper Clad Aluminum or Oxygen Free Copper. If you run multiple runs, you'll likely be fine with CCA, but CCA's capacity is lower than OFC. I think OFC is 300a, and CCA is like 225a. I'm too lazy to check.

If it were me and my money, I'd do it "right" the first time and use OFC. That way if I want to upgrade in the future, I don't have to pull up wire and re-run it. However, there are several people running CCA without issue.

Edited by BJD3

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert