irpirates 4runner rebuild - 4 15's 6th order. i haz TL numbaahhss

you will when it's done!

quick update, message mike singer on facebook and i'm doin 18s :yahoo:

big step for me, never ran anything besides 12's.

got the bottom inside baffle bracing on. wheels wells covered and foamed inside. foamed the crap out of the sides and top of the box near the front. think i have around 22 cans of big gap filler so far :) no more ghetto duct tape seal jobs lol. all wiring from front to back has been run, power wire will go under the car. pics will be up when i can get some better lighting.

hiiiiiiii
2002 4runner - buncha speakers n amps n shit (gone)
1994 astro - more stuffz

update: pretty sure all the pic links in the logs are broken lol.

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

4runner rebuild in progress
clickkk meeeee!!!! 4 18's 6th order

UBL - clicky

http://www.youtube.com/yyj11589

lots of hater kids here. Pay no attention, they just want 89,000 watt subs for 3.50
If you would have put a dc dustcap on it and called it lv your mom, they would all be in love

you will when it's done!

quick update, message mike singer on facebook and i'm doin 18s :yahoo:

big step for me, never ran anything besides 12's.

got the bottom inside baffle bracing on. wheels wells covered and foamed inside. foamed the crap out of the sides and top of the box near the front. think i have around 22 cans of big gap filler so far :) no more ghetto duct tape seal jobs lol. all wiring from front to back has been run, power wire will go under the car. pics will be up when i can get some better lighting.

I like the way your utilizing every inch of room you have. That is a key element with a bandpass for efficiency. 18's are ideal for this build based on what you said the volume of the rear is going to be (should keep rise lower). Try to find a woofer with a moderatly stiff suspension if you plan on big power eventually. (crossfire XP V2s come to mind or the new HDs depending on your budget). I wouldn't use that cheap angle with all that holes in it though, it won't enforce much if anything at all. Stick to that other solid angle I see you using in the pics. Min of 1/8 inch is even fine and use 3/8 bolts on all of it with washers. Round everything over inside and out, it is so important with a 6th order since the woofers are vented (good airflow) Get ready to bust out some fiberglass and cut up some concrete form tubes :)

thanks for the input :)

had to squeeze out as much as possible, damn 4runners are so small. pretty set on the nightshades as subs, gonna be anal and run all the same company if possible haha. the angle iron inside the box is all gonna be the thick stuff. was thinking using the thin stuff on the outside so it'd be easier to glass over, will have to look into that. bolts i've been using are 1/4" lag bolts. i have tons of rounding and even more glassing to do on this thing. still a longggggg waayysss to go.

annddd i need to try glassing my doors again, hopefully not fail this time xD

all the angle iron that's pictures is going somewhere on the rear chamber. 90 degree angles, back of the baffles, side wall where the subs will be loading.

hiiiiiiii
1994 astro - more stuffz

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

UBL - clicky

lots of hater kids here. Pay no attention, they just want 89,000 watt subs for 3.50
If you would have put a dc dustcap on it and called it lv your mom, they would all be in love

Heeyyy!!!! WEAK!!!! trink40.gif Come by this weekend and we can do work on it! That way you don't have to drive clear to Waterloo...

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

Heeyyy!!!! WEAK!!!! trink40.gif Come by this weekend and we can do work on it! That way you don't have to drive clear to Waterloo...

iowa's representing in this thread!

i've never heard a wall build in my life. there's hardly any shows anywhere near here so i hardly ever hear anything but my own system.

i'm really anxious to hear irpirate's build. and eric, if you happen to be driving by the des moines area any time soon, i'd love to hear your system too!

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Like I said in your mwspl thread. I'm getting a fucking demo :P I'll compare your old one to this one. I better be impressed lul. But i'll be upgrading hopefully soon but who knows if my truck keeps acting up like it has been. Looking at getting something new. (PLEASE BE A BLAZER!!!!) lol

http://www.youtube.c...er/SmallTownSPL

2002 Chevy Blazer

Substage: Shhh, its a secret ;)

Mids and Highs: Stock-Going to change soon

Amp:MTX 92001

Wire:1/0 Welding cable

Electrical:Stock

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

I hope she was meaning that to you. Any who.... You dont say you wanna have dinner in the first damn post. talk to her first. I say find out if the status was torwards you..

Here try this...

"Hey hows it going :)( notice smiley face makes everything better ) I saw your status. "You are far from usual".... So is my dick... Wanna Fuck tommorow???"

Or send her message saying "hey" she replies back "hey" when this happens reply Wanna fuck (INSERT ADDRESS HERE)

Quote of the SPL Creed ; back in the day my girlfriend gave me a choice between her and my love for car audio, I told that bitch I've made harder decisions at the Coke machine. :)

May hafta take u up on that sometime eric, almost to the glassing stage. U sure u wanna help with that? Lol

Eric haz no system now :(

Get your shit started dylan :P and wall it!! Whatever vehicle u get. I'm pretty hopeful with this build, hopin to be quite a bit louder than the last one :)

Lol mazda, I'm Not slacking ya slacker got all the baffles and fronts cut today. Started on routering the holes out. What I am slackin on is putting pics up lol. Ill try and get some up later tonite. Tomorrow is gluing em together and bolting em in place

hiiiiiiii
1994 astro - more stuffz

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

UBL - clicky

Lol@iowa in general :P

And eric....YOO DA WEAK ONE

hiiiiiiii
1994 astro - more stuffz

ma slop garb build log
16 12's 4th order

UBL - clicky

Archived