Second Skin Audio

x4 Good Car Audio Questions I Tried Too Avoid Asking.

Ok 3 Ive got some questions I tried too avoid by researching on google and didnt find jack.

Question#1: my solo x kicker has got some magnetic Dust in the gap of the motor. WHAT exactly are the bad things that CAN happen too a woofer, the is VERY little INFO about this ever happening too someone...cuz today i got my amp and gave it about 850 rms freeair and it got hot round 130-140degrees, super fast. just slightly too hot to touch by hand so just over the human touch temp what ever that is.

Now when i first got the sub i made a utube video of it on atleastttt 1500 rms and the coil was cold as a quecumber. Is this becuz the magnetik dust is standing on end and connecting the "ground" of the subwoofer VERY slightly too the coil? HOW WOULD I CLEAN IT OUT?

Question#2: Can u permently change the ohms in your woofer coil by overheating it? I know "WHILE" its hot it DOES, but is there a such thing as ahalf blown Amp killing coil?!?

Question#3: Does damping and dynamating your car by stoping flexing in your doors,roof,floorboard increase numbers on the mic? is it a human audible difference in sound? other then just rattle, but more spl?

Question#4: Ive heard about the "skin effect" of subwoofer cables, Usually on high frequencies. NOT sure what they consitered high freq...50hz is extremely high imo. Is it better too buy special "twisted pair" "shielded" speaker cable? Instead of just normal 8gauge too my woofer becuz of Skin effect in speaker cables?

Skin Effect: Current flowing through the cable only on the surface of the cable. Not using the mass of the inner cable. Increasing impedance too the amp making it push less power. plus heating of the cable itself due too the current flow, ALSO adding more resistance as it gets hotter.

Why? I guess becuase of the amplifier conversion process that takes place converting amps into volts or somthing like that. Not exactly sure how to explain it better, hope a real pro can say.

Edited by solosickness

Ride Stats:

2003 Ford focus Zx3 Hatch Walled System

X1 Solo X Kicker 18" "Enclosure: 7.8 cbft, Port Firing Into a Horn, On a 90*"

X1 Rockford Fosgate 40001bd "Now a Warhorse On my dresser"

x1 0g Big 3

x1 Kinetik 2400 "x4 Kinetik 2400's"

x1 Kinetik 1800

x2 Kinetik Special Edition True Silver Battery Terminals

x20 Gold Plated 0gauge 3/8 Ring Terminals

x25 Total ft: KnuKonceptz Kable 1/0 Silver Pearl* 2500+ Strands.

x15ft KnuKonceptz 8 Gauge.

-Soon Too Be Walled

Fav Quote:

They Dont Feal Me, But They Feal Me.

Reserved.

Ride Stats:

x1 0g Big 3

x1 Kinetik 1800

-Soon Too Be Walled

Fav Quote:

Ok 3 Ive got some questions I tried too avoid by researching on google and didnt find jack.

Question#1: my solo x kicker has got some magnetic Dust in the gap of the motor. WHAT exactly are the bad things that CAN happen too a woofer, the is VERY little INFO about this ever happening too someone...cuz today i got my amp and gave it about 850 rms freeair and it got hot round 130-140degrees, super fast. just slightly too hot to touch by hand so just over the human touch temp what ever that is.

Now when i first got the sub i made a utube video of it on atleastttt 1500 rms and the coil was cold as a quecumber. Is this becuz the magnetik dust is standing on end and connecting the "ground" of the subwoofer VERY slightly too the coil? HOW WOULD I CLEAN IT OUT?

Question#2: Can u permently change the ohms in your woofer coil by overheating it? I know "WHILE" its hot it DOES, but is there a such thing as ahalf blown Amp killing coil?!?

Question#3: Does damping and dynamating your car by stoping flexing in your doors,roof,floorboard increase numbers on the mic? is it a human audible difference in sound? other then just rattle, but more spl?

Question#4: Ive heard about the "skin effect" of subwoofer cables, Usually on high frequencies. NOT sure what they consitered high freq...50hz is extremely high imo. Is it better too buy special "twisted pair" "shielded" speaker cable? Instead of just normal 8gauge too my woofer becuz of Skin effect in speaker cables?

Answer to question #3. yes damping and dynamating will increase you numbers. It stops wasted sound energy and makes everything louder.

Those are actually interesting questions. I will wait to see what the experts say. :popcorn:

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

double.....

Edited by blownengine

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

@ABC:

kk awsome, lets say im doing a 150-150.5 or so "hypothetically" if i dynamate 2-3 layers and damping everywhere,, ROUGHLY what could i gain from this?

@ blownengine:

haha thanks I tried not too ask anything ever asked. Otherwise i woulda found it.

Edited by solosickness

Ride Stats:

x1 0g Big 3

x1 Kinetik 1800

-Soon Too Be Walled

Fav Quote:

#1 Not sure.

#2 I know if it gets too hot you can burn up the voice coil which changes the ohm for sure.

#3 answered above (edit: I didn't read the answer above) Dampening your vehicle changes it's acoustic properties, it doesn't necessarily stop flexing. I don't really understand it more than that so I will let someone else explain.

#4 I wouldn't worry about skin effect on subwoofers. Maybe on tweeters but I don't think even then it comes into play.

Edited by MrSkippyJ

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

@ABC:

kk awsome, lets say im doing a 150-150.5 or so "hypothetically" if i dynamate 2-3 layers and damping everywhere,, ROUGHLY what could i gain from this?

@ blownengine:

haha thanks I tried not too ask anything ever asked. Otherwise i woulda found it.

There is no way to say. It is possible that your numbers go down too.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Skin effect is?.....

Big 3 with Yellow Top

:drinks:

Ride Stats:

x1 0g Big 3

x1 Kinetik 1800

-Soon Too Be Walled

Fav Quote: