Second Skin Audio

wall in a cavi?

ok well i have somewhat of a design in mind. i would post it but dont know how to post pics here. what i was thinking is a box that is roughly 50" wide, 40" tall and 30" deep. that is roughly 32 cubic feet interior. how would you guys go about designing a port for it? sorry for all the noob questions. just trying to learn as much as i possibly can

Is this a 2 door or a 4 door?

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

after lookin at those dimensions... are you positive that can fit in a cavi? 40 tall? holy hell...50 w

2 Fi BTL N2 18s Fully LoadedSundown Audio NS-1Kenwood 845 HU Clarion EQ4 Juicebox 3100sKnu Wire"Big 3"Mechman 270a156.3dBTeam GG.

after lookin at those dimensions... are you positive that can fit in a cavi? 40 tall? holy hell...50 w

My sedans wall is 50.25w, could probably get 38/39ish tall but you would have to cut the sides at an angle for the doors to close. No clue what a coupe is like.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

its in a 2 door. and those were the dimensions of where the box would sit all together. sorry for not clarifying that. thats with the backseat down and depth was measured from the back of the passenger seat to the back of the rear seat where it latches by the rear window.

ok well i have somewhat of a design in mind. i would post it but dont know how to post pics here. what i was thinking is a box that is roughly 50" wide, 40" tall and 30" deep. that is roughly 32 cubic feet interior. how would you guys go about designing a port for it? sorry for all the noob questions. just trying to learn as much as i possibly can

this is not going to fit. trust me you measured the bottom. thje top narrows to a point thats way less. im not sure how far forward you are going either because you arent getting that deep without going in front of the b pillar. you'll need to build a platform to secure to as well since the gas tank is under the rear seat. you cant remove the rear deck either for extra room. its structural in a cavalier. I know a thing or two about them.

4218160001_medium.jpg

4218160059_medium.jpg

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

So how would you go about building the box then? Should i build it to be wide enough for the top then expanda foam the bottom part to seal it all off?

Thats pretty much what i did with my wall. start boxy shape after.. Measure to the OUTERmost portion on where the BOX can actually fit and go from there

2 Fi BTL N2 18s Fully LoadedSundown Audio NS-1Kenwood 845 HU Clarion EQ4 Juicebox 3100sKnu Wire"Big 3"Mechman 270a156.3dBTeam GG.

So how would you go about building the box then? Should i build it to be wide enough for the top then expanda foam the bottom part to seal it all off?

Thats pretty much what i did with my wall. start boxy shape after.. Measure to the OUTERmost portion on where the BOX can actually fit and go from there

Alright ill try that. ill measure it out tomorrow since its dark and i have no garage and let you guys know that i come up with

ok well i measured it out and got 38" wide at the ceiling. that gives me about 24 Cubes of interior. My question would be again how would i measure the port out. i mean i understand its guesswork at first but where is a good place to start with it being tuned around 35-37 Hz?