Second Skin Audio

What caused this?

Since the leads have burnt free from the stitching, they've now managed to spend however long slapping up against the cone. Slapping continuously like that will eventually lead lead to a failure. In this case broken tinsels, and your best bet would end up being a redone. Honestly, your best bet would be to try your best to carefully stitch them back to the spider. It's not hard to clip, jut gotta be careful.

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

So are the clip lights not accurate on the audioque amps?

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

So are the clip lights not accurate on the audioque amps?

they are, but all in all, you shouldn't rely on the AQs clip light to know your not clipping.

pic with a better angle maybe? (where you can see the spider)

Edited by ChevyBoy95

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

I dont wanna start pokin into the spider I dont wanna mess anything up. Maybe i would try glue or epoxy if there is something someone knows of thats safe to use in this situation

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

My friend runs the 3500.1d and has been told by DJ himself that the clip light actually comes on slightly before clipping actually happens. I wouldn't rely on it as the end all solution though. My buddy's real careful on his 18" XL's as far as the clip light goes. Maybe you could be overpowering them a bit and getting them warm? 1,100wrms per sub may be a tad much even or beefy level 3's. Lots of variables. Have you been smelling it at all?

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

no smell at all but there in a sealed box. I mean the pics not great but you can see the leads not dark at all and I got in there as much as i could and smelt the box and all around the leads didnt smell anything at all. Like I said to me it really looks like they ripped off. Rusty told me these subs will take this power all day as long as its clean. But I guess Ill set it a little lower and wait for my third sub to come so they will all be getting less power. But I will need to repair the leads so they dont keep hitting the cone. What type of glue should I use could I use silicone or the high temperature red silicone? or would a glue or epoxy work better?

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

yeah i have done something like that before but i guess the string they use to hold the crossfire leads down is made out of kevlar.

2011-04-24225431-1.jpg

and what happens when you keep playing them when you dont know they are broken loose

2011-04-24225254-1.jpg

- 1998 Ford Mustang -

Time to rebuild.

4 15s and alot of power

TEAM DTF

The leads dont look burnt to me IMO, i ran an audiopipe 3k to 2 level 3 10s, wilt lv4 coil and an extra spider, no issues what so ever,

I would say its just from excursion, put some felt on the cone, or glue them down, CA glue would work i think

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

I agree that it is an issue with the stitching as opposed to user error. I've heard many stories like this about DC before about this happening. I don't really see glue or epoxy holding up for a long time just because of heat and movement of the spider.

formerly known as Jaylor Swift