I'm having a issue with my 2channel install. I had it running great for 4 hours then got home to shrink wrap my wires and stuff and now isn't working properly. Here is the issue- I have a Alpine 105 deck which is connected to a Kicker zx200.2. I turn the volume past 3 on the deck and the speakers cut out and only the drivers side speakers will work then cut out again. I checked connections behind the deck and all seem to be great, Woofer is working fine i believe and doesn't cut out. Again it was working fine a half hour ago. Any suggestions?

Edited by Bumpindemlowzz

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

Ground is to battery and the battery is grounded to frame so that cant be the problem. I checked the connections to the speakers and they are good. I cant figure it out for shit. Im usually pretty good with this stuff. I checked the rcas for tears and grounding out and still nothing. I switched the sub amp rcas to 2 channel and on the deck and its doing the same thing.

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

Maybe ur rcas are bad or maybe the deck took a poop on you.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

Sounds like either bad RCAs, deck is fucked, or something is grounding off where it isnt supposed to. What changed? You had a situation where it was working. You left and did X or moved something, not it doesnt work. Solve for 'X' please. :good:

I checked the 2channel and it seems to be cycling into protect mode. The voltage is car off and car on. I only go down to 13volts full tilt on decaf. What would cause it to protect? Connections to the amp itself are great power and groundwise also at the battery.

Edited by Bumpindemlowzz

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

I remember when i put brand new rca's in my ride my speakers would play tehn cut out, hit a bump they would play then cut out. Had a friend go back there and wiggle the rca's turns out that was the problem, they would'nt fit snug on there. Took the rcas back to the shop and they gave me credit that i turned around and used lol.

Edited by cubs_fan0718

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017