Sundown Audio

Need Help?? Noob

So im looking to get a 1.2k here in sept and wanna know everything i need to get so i can run it without much voltage drop... And if it can be under 300 bucks... that would be awesome i already have a volmeter so i will know what my voltage is at i need a upgraded battery in the back and 0 gauge wire and fuses and fuse holders basically everything besides the amp

2008 Dodge Avenger SE

Pioneer 4300-UB Headunit

DC 1.2K

10"DC Lvl 3 with Lvl 4 coil...

15" DC Lvl 4

JVC Arsenal 3-way Component set

first you need is your electrical things...

a good battery- go with XS or kinetic or optimas, a nice amp-AQ,RF,alpine,orion,american bass, or somethingelse, and osom nice subs..

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

well i wanted all dc setup for the most part but im thinkin it might be cheaper to just get a kinetik battery and a aq1200 or something that does 1000rms@ 1 ohm... If anyone knows any good amps that will do that let me know... What would i want for a battery and how many fuse what size and where? and how much wire...

2008 Dodge Avenger SE

Pioneer 4300-UB Headunit

DC 1.2K

15" DC Lvl 4

You shouldn't really need another batt for a 1.2k, but an xs d680( I think?) would be fine in the back

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

thats what i was thinking so one small battery plus the one i have up front will do me fine? That makes me happy all dc stuff but how big of a fuse wold i need up front and what other fuses would i need? And would i be doing two runs of 1/0 gauge or would 1 be fine

2008 Dodge Avenger SE

Pioneer 4300-UB Headunit

DC 1.2K

15" DC Lvl 4

thats what i was thinking so one small battery plus the one i have up front will do me fine? That makes me happy all dc stuff but how big of a fuse wold i need up front and what other fuses would i need? And would i be doing two runs of 1/0 gauge or would 1 be fine

First things first, I would recommend doing the Big 3. It will help your electrical and it is relitivly cheap. Please look at the tutorial thead before asking how to do it.... 1 run of 1/0 should be fine because it can handle up to 300A of current running through it. The batteries are only going to help the voltage drop, but with 1000rms it shouldn't pull all that hard anyway. (realitivly speaking) Other than that make sure your grounds are SOLID and your electrical system will barly know its back there.

Best of Luck and Cheers :drinks:

Edit: link for the Big 3 Tutorial.... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/13280-how-to-do-the-big-3-tutorial/

Edited by LoudBurp

Best of Luck and Cheers!

There is a point of diminishing returns on the amount of equipment installed, kinda like throwing money out a window.

my alpine mrp m 1000 used to shut of my lights when i was on full blast...and i had an optima red top in the hood, as a main battery

my alt was stock too with 100Amps

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

one run should be fine but it doesn't hurt to run 2

fuses 1 on the positive running to the 2nd bat or 2 depending on how many runs (make sure these are close to the first bat)

there should be one closest to the bat before the amp i wouldn't know what size though

Edited by deathcards

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

I was just going to do one run with a 300amp fuse will that work? and thank you guys for all the help.. i was going to run the xs d545 or a kinetik h600.

2008 Dodge Avenger SE

Pioneer 4300-UB Headunit

DC 1.2K

15" DC Lvl 4