Questions about a machine metal shop

So I was talking to some of my friends about the rotten deal that I'm going through regarding my Rims see HERE!!!!! for details. Anyway one of the guys said that I could find a machinist that could possibly shave the offset down on the wheels from a +18mm to +31. Has anyone ever had this done before? If so what does this usually run price wise? Also if anyone here is in the St. Louis MO area and know of a shop that could do this could you please let me know.

I'm now looking at this as an options. The reason being is that my state on small claims court judgments only allow a person to sue up to $3K max. This shop has almost $4K of my money. I can still sue them in civil court, but that will require a lawyer to file. And with me going through my divorce right now I just can't really fight two court battles at the same time. Nor can I afford it, so I'm trying once again to take the higher road on this issue and see if there is a way where I can come out of this deal without loosing my money or rims.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

dont know what to tell ya homie....but thanks for the lesson. "never give ANY cash before at least a test fit", hell, I dont think I'd even go with any layaway just for the chance of getting shafted as you just did....

and sorry to hear, hope you get this resolved :bull:

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!

Me too. I just heard back from the Better Business Bureau on this and they still haven't heard back from the shop. So I've filed a consumer protection claim against the shop with the Missouri Attorney General's office, and I'm in the process of finding another lawyer that will help me deal with this issue since its looking more and more like I'm going to have to file a civil lawsuit with them to get my money back. I don't understand how these people can justify taking my money and not providing me with the product that I was told they could get me with no issues. I haven't seen those rims since April when I was trying to get them installed on the truck.

The fact that I'm having to deal with this as well as a divorce that's turning uglier by the week is starting to become to much for me to baer. But I just can't sit back and let these people take me for my hard earned money.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

so why would you need a metal shop??

2010 Chevrolet Cruze

Radio --- pioneer mvh-200vbt

Front/back --- alpine type s 6.5"

Sub Control --- Pac LC1

Sub Amp --- GZPA 1.4K

Sub --- GZNW 15XSPL D1

Battery - GZBP 12.2500X

I was trying to come up with another way to resolve this issue without going to court over it really. That was the reason for the question regarding the machine/metal shop. I really don't want to have to deal with two court proceedings at the same time but I don't know if I have some sort of time limit in getting my money back from this store. And the divorce, is well a divorce and that's going to happen no matter what. Its just all bad timing for everything really.

:nea:

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes