Jump to content

Toylocost's 99 4runner install.


Recommended Posts

Posted

OK guys! I am finally getting around to putting a stereo in this truck, one of the main reasons I chose to buy a 4runner over a Tacoma (the other reason was price).

System plan (subject to change on my slightest whim)

Source

Sony HU (will upgrade later) --> Clarion 7-band EQ

Front Stage

Hybrid Audio Imangine I61-2 6.5" Component/Coax Set

Rear Fill (maybe if i feel like it later)

Pair of DD 5.25" Coaxs

Subs

A pair of AudioQue SDC2.5-10-D4 10"

Now it will be a pair of Sundown Audio E-8 V.2s

Later it will be a pair of Sundown Audio SA-8 V.2s

Mids/Highs Amp

I will be utilizing only the front 2 channels of my AQ 4x90.

Now I will be using the front 2 channels of my Alpine PDX4.100.

Sub amp

An AQ1200D - 1200RMS X 1 @ 1OHM

Here is the truck a few days after I bought it.

DSCF0334Large.jpg

DSCF0343Large.jpg

DSCF0347Large.jpg

DSCF0333Large.jpg

Pics of the amps I picked up used. Only using the AQs for now.

DSCF2128.jpg

Open...

DSCF2122.jpg

Going to mount the 4x90 under the driver's seat and the 1200D in the side cubby in the cargo area here...

DSCF2204Large.jpg

99 4runner - So far: Alpine PDX4.100 & AQ1200D. Needz speekrz yo.

Posted

First thing I wanted to get accomplished is mounting the 1200 in the cargo area cubby. So here is the inside of the cubby.

DSCF2148Large.jpg

Those 2 tabs will belts on them are for a factory emergency triangle that you had to buy extra from the parts department at Toyota when you bought the truck. I dont have one and I'm sure not many do. The tabs are pop riveted onto the plastic of the cubby. So I drilled the pop rivets out and removed the tabs.

DSCF2147Large.jpg

DSCF2149Large.jpg

After that I could set the amp in at an angle and see what area needed to be trimmed. Cut lines marked...

DSCF2156Large.jpg

Ahh! A hole in my nice plastic...

DSCF2171Large.jpg

How the amp sits...

DSCF2163Large.jpg

DSCF2157Large.jpg

It fit ok like that but I wanted more room so I made it bigger...

DSCF2182Large.jpg

DSCF2180Large.jpg

Back...

DSCF2181Large.jpg

DSCF2151Large.jpg

Then I made some MDF peices for the back to give the mounting screws something to hang onto. Also some thinner MDF spacers for the front to fill the gap where the tabs were in order to make the mounting surface flush.

DSCF2191Large.jpg

DSCF2201Large.jpg

DSCF2186Large.jpg

Wires are going to come from the tailight side of the cubby through holes straight into the side of the amp. But the RCA connections are on the other side of the amp so I had to come up with a clean way to get them in. I ended up notching out the filler peice underneath the amp so they come out directly under the connection location.

DSCF2194Large.jpg

DSCF2193Large.jpg

DSCF2198Large.jpg

Some clean up time and now I have an amp in a cubby hole!

DSCF2203Large.jpg

DSCF2202Large.jpg

DSCF2207Large.jpg

99 4runner - So far: Alpine PDX4.100 & AQ1200D. Needz speekrz yo.

Posted

Next I need to make the hole I cut not look so nasty so I want to make a fiberglass cover for it. Getting prepped for laying glass...

DSCF2214Large.jpg

DSCF2216Large.jpg

DSCF2218Large.jpg

DSCF2221Large.jpg

And then I was JUST about to lay the glass and I opened up my can of resin to find it solid as a rock.

Well I guess thats it for tonight! Tomorrow I'll go to Lowes and get some more resin and acetone.

99 4runner - So far: Alpine PDX4.100 & AQ1200D. Needz speekrz yo.

Posted

Started with the fiberglassing this afternoon. Dont really like how it turned out, it was kinda hot and the resin was kicking faster than I wanted it to. Hopefully I will be able to save the piece. Dont really want to do it over again.

The workstation...

DSCF2301Large.jpg

DSCF2304Large.jpg

99 4runner - So far: Alpine PDX4.100 & AQ1200D. Needz speekrz yo.

Posted

clean install...

Thanks bro!

99 4runner - So far: Alpine PDX4.100 & AQ1200D. Needz speekrz yo.

Posted

very clean... i like your amp location...

toyota fan? cuz im one...

NICE MK1 MR2 ... got any pics more pics of it???

i love MR2s... (MRS doesnt count.. lol) personally have a 92' MKII

My first truck... My first Real build...

*Update 8/9/10 DC Power 270xp Alt is In!!!*

1997 Toyota T-100 DC Level 5 18" in a T-line

Everybody wants their system to be....

1. Cheap

2. Reliable

3. Loud

...you can only pick two.

micahmye hertz pack

Posted

very clean... i like your amp location...

toyota fan? cuz im one...

NICE MK1 MR2 ... got any pics more pics of it???

i love MR2s... (MRS doesnt count.. lol) personally have a 92' MKII

Thank you.

Yes I am. I've been through a few lol.

Yes I do. Mostly stock but I rebuilt the motor when I bought it. I'd like to do all the go fast stuff to it but dont really wanna spend the money.

And to me an MR-S does count! Why? MKI - 500lbs + 60hp = MKIII YES PLEASE! I would trade for a MKIII any day. And before I had the 4runner I had a 300whp MKII. Sold it to drive my MKI. IMO N/A>Turbo.

DSCF0018Large.jpg

DSCF8094Large.jpg

DSCF0021Large.jpg

99 4runner - So far: Alpine PDX4.100 & AQ1200D. Needz speekrz yo.

Posted
very clean... i like your amp location...toyota fan? cuz im one...NICE MK1 MR2 ... got any pics more pics of it???i love MR2s... (MRS doesnt count.. lol) personally have a 92' MKII
Thank you.Yes I am. I've been through a few lol.Yes I do. Mostly stock but I rebuilt the motor when I bought it. I'd like to do all the go fast stuff to it but dont really wanna spend the money.And to me an MR-S does count! Why? MKI - 500lbs + 60hp = MKIII YES PLEASE! I would trade for a MKIII any day. And before I had the 4runner I had a 300whp MKII. Sold it to drive my MKI. IMO N/A>Turbo.DSCF0018Large.jpgDSCF8094Large.jpgDSCF0021Large.jpg

Beautiful... jus beautiful...

lol you make a good point... lighter car... more hp... i jus hate the aesthetics of the MRS... lol jus me i guess...

wow 300whp MKII? well ill PM you about that...

i agree NA > turbo...

sorry form straying off topic... lol... so anyways... so whats your budget/plans for your system?

trying to keep it daily?

i wish i had a 4 runner... im haveing a hard time designing a box for a pair of 18s in a cab of a T100... =/

My first truck... My first Real build...

*Update 8/9/10 DC Power 270xp Alt is In!!!*

1997 Toyota T-100 DC Level 5 18" in a T-line

Everybody wants their system to be....

1. Cheap

2. Reliable

3. Loud

...you can only pick two.

micahmye hertz pack

Posted

I really like the amp placement, I may have missed it but are u leaving the cubby cover off or are u going to do something with it?

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 9148 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...